Red mirror image on screen (image flipped)

Username: Jckane

Iowa City, Ia Us

Post Number: 2
I purchased a 63 inch JVC HD-61Z575 projection TV 5 months ago. Last week I would occassionally see a red mirror image on the TV. By turning the TV off and on again it would go away. It has gotten slowly worse and now is constantly in there. You see a red reverse image on the screen all the time and it's not watchable.
Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 400
More than likely the light engine going bad. BTW, the light engine can be replaced in your HOME, don't let them take the set!!!!

If you have it done in your homw, you can make sure the "tech" follows proper procedure to replace the light engine. Most techs are not trained, and/or skip a few steps... You may want to snag a copy of the service manual to review those steps, ask the tech to verify that he is indeed following procedure.

You need to:

1: Call JVC and set up a service call.

2: Post back what the fix was.

3: Spend a few minutes and write JVC a LETTER, asking them if they are having a quality control problem. Ask them how they are going to take care of existing customers after the offical 1 year warranty is up if it is proven that these models are "problematic". https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=561264#POST561264

Note: This is the start of the same thread as noted above. Thread is offically for posting short lamp life, but light engines aren't "cheap" so may want to post details of your problem in this thread as well.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=515514#POST515514

POST DETAILED INFO ON YOUR SET(s)...

NOTE: Without"detailed info" your info is UNVERIFIABLE and is meaningless. SEE below:

(Note not all sections may apply to you:-)

2: Serial number of your set (serial number "range" if you do not feel comfortable about posting the complet serial number )
3: Date of mfg -On label on back of set
4: Date of purchase
5: Note symptoms in DETAIL of what set is doing, don't just say "it don't work right"...
6: Note hours run each day, Note amount time set say on once it is powered up. (In other words your not turning OFF and back on every time a commercial comes on.)
7: Note estimated TOTAL amount of run time. (and maybe a short comment on how long you feel an item that cost several thousand dollars "should" run before service is needed :-)
8: Note if set in plugged into a UPS -to not only FILTER incoming power, but to PROTECT set from BROWN-OUT conditions (low voltage)
9: If you lamp has been replaced, Please note any differences between the old, and new lamp. D-ila lamps should be a Toshiba mfg'd TS-CL110U or TS-CL110Uaa.
10: If you've had your light engine replaced, please not that as well.

Posting details like the above not only will "help" JVC address the problem(s)... but it will make it ALLOT harder for them to "wiggle" out of ANY claims, and/or lawsuits that may come about if these issues are NOT fixed. It will also "help" in cases in which someone is officially beyond the 1 year warranty, and repairs are needed.. To prove that there is some kind of design flaw that would warrant a recall OR replacement of the set with a updated model.

Detailed info will go a long ways towards getting JVC, the vendors of the parts to HONOR the RATED run time of the components /parts.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 401
John, sent you a PM with some more info that will help. Let me know if you got it.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
John Kane,

I can verify that it is a light engine failure. I had the exact same issue with my TV. Call JVC and arrange a light engine replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us