DirevTV Phase III dish on Pansat 3500s..HELP!

Username: Rajj

Post Number: 5
With a DTV Phase III dish and a Pansat 3500s I can hit the 110 and 119 birds at the same time with a signal level at 79% and a quality level at 89% on both of them

My problem is that I don't get all of the TP's.
I don't get these.

I really don't need anymore off of the 110, but the 119 I need to get all of the TP's cause those have the rest of the good channels. What can I do to get this problem solved? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!!

tosh
Unregistered guest
do you have an extra LNB? you could strap it on and turn the dish a bit, the internal switch cannot be changed, please let me know what you have and do, if you want all of 110 channels you can just move the dish so that 110 is on the right and 119 in the center... but you still need 119's channels I know, thats why you would need another LNB to stap on somewhere

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
@Jason, when you do scans make sure to run the LNB wire directly to your receiver first before attaching any switches in the line. Run one LNB lets say 110 to your receiver and scan for all the channels and once that's done save. Now go and hook up the 119 LNB to your receiver directly and scan everything and save it. 110 is Echostar 6,8 and 119 is Echostar 7.

One thing I should mention that DTV oval PhazeIII dishes don't work that good with catching all the TP's of both the Sats, but it is possible, you need lots of work in hand in tweaking and aligning your dish to get all the TP's. If you live in Canada, then it will be harder for you to get it. Get yourself a DISH 500 and they work perfectly to get you all the required TP's.

Also DTV LNB's sometimes don't work as good either for DN, I had DTV LNB's and they weren't working good so I changed it with a DN LNB and I didn't even had to change anything on the dish settings and it picked up all the remaining TP's, this is just my opinion.

When you are standing behind your dish, 119 is to your left hand side not right hand, and 119 LNB has to be placed a little higher then 110 which isn't easy to do with Phaze III dishes.

Read this post and it will help you further, hope it helps, it will probably help if you had a round dish instead of oval one.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/165593.html

Gold Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 1029
Convert that PHASE III DTV dish to a Dish500!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dish 500 from D*V PHASE III dish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to: Remove the triple LNB from the mounting arm...save nuts and bolts,toss the LNB(unless you are masochistic).Drill a hole directly between and in a straight line with the existing holes(use same diameter bit).Insert a D*V LNB(single or dual output) into the mounting arm,and bolt in place.Here's a pic or 2.The one centered in the arm is a DTV LNB,the strap on is a DN LNB.This is a PHASE III DTV dish w/ the triple LNB removed and discarded.I get 99% quality on BOTH birds.

Username: Tosh

Post Number: 2
that's a good idea, ebay is always a cheap place to get you stuff too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us