Make a Poorman's Dish

Bosox
Unregistered guest
Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the 110 & 119 sats and consequently 457 FREE channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull 457 channels for your NEW FTA receiver!

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 42
I made mine with a tin garbage can lid and attached the LNBs to the dish with a coat hanger and boogers.

Good Neighbor
Unregistered guest
I live in an apartment building and some neighbor has dishpro lnbs
and as everybody knows, they have a built in switch and two outlets.
so I just connected my FTA to the spare one he wasn't using.
it only costed me the cable ($12,00)

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 44
your mother is a skaank.

Good Neighbor
Unregistered guest
Oh, by the way, I also switched to Geico.

Bronze Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 64
i lost my bong again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us