No Quality with 74% singal level.. HELP!

Username: Rajj

Post Number: 1
I have just hooked up my DirecTV Phase III dish to my Pansat 3500s. I used the new 1.36. Everything seems to have gone alright. I get a signal level of 74%, but I have no signal quality at ALL! What am I doing wrong? Need help fast! Thanks.

tosh
Unregistered guest
I have a phase III dish too and tried to get it to work, if yoh have no quality you have no channels, if you have another type of dish I would go with that for now, but good luck, hopefully someone will post something usefull and help me too

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 87
Jason,
Is this a new installation? Is your dish pointed to the right direction? How many LNBs? What bird are you trying to see?

IBM

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
Jason, also look at your frequency setup on the installation menu, it has to be at 11250.

Post Number: 2
I just hopped back on the roof and started movin the dish around and now I'm getting 79% signal with 89% quality. I got that part figured out. Now the only thing is I'm not getting alot of the channels off of the 110 & 119 birds. I do a TP scan I'm not seeing about half of them. Is this normal or is there a fix. Thanks

tosh
Unregistered guest
transponders (even) 2-14 28,30,and 32 won't work, it's part of the built in switch according top other posts... sounds like you are doing good other than that, what did you use to set it up? the left as 119 and center as 110 as intended by DTV or the other way with picking up 91 and 110?

Post Number: 3
Here's the TP's I don't get. 110...2,4,6,7,8,10,12,13,14,17,28,30,32

Off of the 110 bird, I really don't need those
The 119 Bird has all the good channels that I want to get All of the TP's that are missing I need. How can I go about doing this?
Thanks

tosh
Unregistered guest
from what I read and you just agreed about the transponders, I suppose the rest is true as well, and that is that the other lnb will pick up all the transponders so, you could re alighn it so that the right lnb (originally 101) will be 110 and the center 119 but no idea if it will work, maybe someone else can confirm or deny

tosh
Unregistered guest
oh yea, how do you have the diseqc set up and the 22mhz? should all be off right? someone said 110 sould have 22mhz on? but now that yours is working for the most part, how did you have it set up?
Thanks@!!

Post Number: 4
There's only one cable comin out of the dish and I have that on LNB 1 on the Diseqc. In the PANSAT menu I have both 22mhz signal's turned on. With them off I get very little signal quality.

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
@Jason, when you do scans make sure to run the LNB wire directly to your receiver first before attaching any switches in the line. Run one LNB lets say 110 to your receiver and scan for all the channels and once that's done save. Now go and hook up the 119 LNB to your receiver directly and scan everything and save it. 110 is Echostar 6,8 and 119 is Echostar 7.

One thing I should mention that DTV oval PhazeIII dishes don't work that good with catching all the TP's of both the Sats, but it is possible, you need lots of work in hand in tweaking and aligning your dish to get all the TP's. If you live in Canada, then it will be harder for you to get it. Get yourself a DISH 500 and they work perfectly to get you all the required TP's.

Also DTV LNB's sometimes don't work as good either for DN, I had DTV LNB's and they weren't working good so I changed it with a DN LNB and I didn't even had to change anything on the dish settings and it picked up all the remaining TP's, this is just my opinion.

When you are standing behind your dish, 119 is to your left hand side not right hand, and 119 LNB has to be placed a little higher then 110 which isn't easy to do with Phaze III dishes.

Read this post and it will help you further, hope it helps, it will probably help if you had a round dish instead of oval one.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/165593.html

Anonymous

Can someone help me? I have a Pansat 2500 and have updated the bin several times but still have the following problem. When I change channels from a sat on E7 to one on E8/6 the siginal level drops out. If I turn the power off and then on the signal returns and I can receive the channel then. Any ideas? I know the bin is good and not corrupt. I have even replaced the diseqc switch. Also not the problem. Anyone else ever fix this problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us