Screen is TILTED slightly

Username: Roughyear

Post Number: 1
i have a hitachi 50v715 LCD.... the problem is the screen is tilted slightly

the LEFT side of screen is about 3/4inch LOWER than the RIGHT side... thus looks like the screen is going UPHILL from left to right... any ideas on what this is and how to fix it??? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2188
bump

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 274
Rough,

I would assume the set has had this problem since day 1 (Or maybe you moved and the unit got bumped around?)

I would think that there would be NO "tilt" adjustment in the Service Menu... That any adjustment is going to have to be done internally.

For lack of a better word, I would think the light engine, or lenses would have to be shimmed to get things straightened out. On my JVC D-ILA the pixels are fixed... an adjustment requiring adjustment to the lenses /light engine itself.

It's not like the old CRT based sets in which you could adjust such items. (That being said you would have to peform an manual alignment of the crts also.)

BTW: Post back what the "fix" is...

Username: Roughyear

Post Number: 2
i called hiatchi, they didn't have a fix and want to see out a tech to "evaluate" the situation.

can i trust these tech (local outfit)?? should i stare at them as if they were "bad apples" because i've read they try and bleed every warranty dollar out of the manufacture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
Hiatchi didn't have a fix? They want to send a tech out to take a look at the set in person?

That's a GOOD thing... Hiatchi when you call CS isn't going to "know" of the fix... that's the tech's job:-)

Can you trust "them".. depends I guess.

My father moved up north (forced) a few years ago.

The taxes up there are out of sight.

Everyone you deal with, everytime you buy something those extra taxes fiqure into the living cost, cost of doing business.

EVERYONE up there has ripped them off coming and going... big time.

Can you trust the repair shop?

Let me put it this way... If you're in the North East.. I wouldn't trust them with tooo much.

TIP: I would TRY to keep the set in my HOME.... Most repairs should be able to done in your home.

Username: Tvscreenrepair

Houston, TX

Post Number: 1
If the screen truly is tilted, how about something as simple as taking the screen off and re-adjusting it?

Username: Grimesy

Post Number: 3
I just bought a Mits- 62525, and right out of box, it is slightly lower on left side? When there is a box or writing on the screen, you will notice it going uphill to the right. Does anyone have any idea how i can correct this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
RE: Mits- 62525 DLP

greg grimes,

Two options:

Arrange a service call.. Or obtain a replacement set hoping the next set you get is "ok".

If you bought it "locally" and will be swapping it out locally, if possible unbox the set, and check it out (good luck on that idea though- Almost no one's going to want to un-box a set, and then re-box it. They may let YOU do it... If so go for it!!!!)

BTW: You might want to try hunting down a service manual... it "may" have info in there about adjusting the light engine (but I doubt it)

Me thinks a service call may be your best bet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
So... any "updates' from the people that were asking for help?

Unregistered guest
I have a Mits WD 52525 and am having the same problem. I've had it since Sept, and definitely didn't notice this until about 3 weeks ago. Finally had a tech come out (they were recommended by Mitsubishi, and they are taking it into their shop to fix it. We'll see what happens, and I'll try to post when I find out what the problem was.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us