Splitting Up Recordings with Comcast Motoral DVR (DCT 3412 1 Dual Tuner HD)

flaneater
Unregistered guest
Hi,

As others have mentioned, recording shows in high def. with the small hard drive on this thing means you are frequently short on space. However, there are certain short clips of shows (about five mins) that I would like to save, for instance a comedy skit from Conan Obrien or whatever.

Problem is, I haven't figured a way to only save only part of a recording if you've recorded the entire show; anyone know how? (this is essentially the same question as "is there any way to split up a recording).

Also, someone mentioned something about a "30 second skip" button; I only have the comcast remote they gave me, and I couldn't find this button, which one is it?

Thanks a lot!

flaneater
Unregistered guest
sorry, nevermind about the 30 second skip thing I was able to find out how to assign it elsewhere

fx
Unregistered guest
There is no way to split the recording "after" it is recorded. You can however setup two (or more) manual recordings over the same timeframe to record in the future.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Pstahljr

Post Number: 22
The only way you can split it up is record it to a DVD recorder. No way to alter a PVR recording that I know of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us