Dubbing vcr to dvd

Anonymous

I really need help with this...please???? I am able to successfully record to dvd from my tv. BUT, I can't transfer from vcr to dvd. This is a home video, by the way. My tv only has one av hookup, besides cable, and that did not work. My dvd recorder is Pioneer dvr-220. If anyone can hlep me, I sure would appreciate it. I want to give this dvd to someone before Thanksgiving.

Bronze Member
Username: Pstahljr

Post Number: 20
What you need to do is connect the VCR directly to the DVD recorder. You should have output RCA type jacks (2 audio, 1 video) on the back of the VCR which you would connect to the DVD recorders input jacks (RCA type). I looked at the pioneer site and the newest dvd recorder was the DVR-233S. I'm quessing yours at least has the one set of input jacks. Having the DVD output connected to the TV you should be able to see whats going on. You may have to specify which input you want to use before you start. I have a Panasonic and it has 3 inputs besides the cable/line signal. Try it with a DVD-RW type of disk so you can try it several times before you commit to a DVD-R disk. I start the DVD recording before starting the VCR when I do it. I can edit the recording because I have a hard drive on my DVD recorder but I don't think your's does. Don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to do it, good luck and let me know how you make out.

Pete

Username: Kw5

Post Number: 1
Thanks, Pete. I have tried the hookup you suggested. I can't see the video. I must be doing something wrong. I will have to try again. Sorry, but I am a real novice at this...so if I leave the dvd hooked up like I normally would to view/record from tv, would that be correct? Common sense tells me that the video has to go out of the vcr through the dvd...and with the dvd connected to the tv, I should be able to view the video. Right?

Username: Kw5

Post Number: 2
Success!!!! Thanks for the help! Kathy

Username: Pcfig

Post Number: 1
Hi,somewhat embarrassed but pulling my hair out here.trying to dub from vcr to vcr,have done before with vcr that had AV/TU switch that when dubbing you put in AV mode.That vcr has died,the 2 I'm using now are identical but do not have the TU/AV feature.Hook ups should be correct(I've tried all possible),vcr is on channel 3,TV on channel 3,but when I try to dub it records channel 3.What am i overlooking here.....sure its obvious.Hoping for help,PCFIG

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1935
Connect with RCA cables and set the record VCR to line. If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels till you get to line.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us