Silver MemberUsername: Thill1951akalk
Post Number: 494
****Simple PanSat FAT Receiver set up Guide ****
I hope this instruction will help you get started: Read the instruction and understand all the procedures first before you starting to flash your receiver.
Before we getting start, you have to down load all the software you will need and install them.
Down load the file you need from below link, then create a folder, and save as any name you want ( I name my Pansat Utilities_Programming), then unzip the file into the same folder.
Pansat FTA Loader: Get your PanSat loader here
PanSat FTA N2 Flash: Get your PanSat FTA Newest N2 Released
Channel Master: Get it here
Receiver Software update:
1. Connect the serial cable to the receiver and Comm #1 or Comm #2 port of your computer.
Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.
Note: Pansat 2700 & 3500 use RS232C null modem(serial)cable and Pansat 2500 use RS232C straight through serial cable
2. Plug in the receiver power core, make sure the switch is turn to "ON " from the rear panel,
Then turn the power ON with remote control or from the front. You have to wait for receiver to boot up and
3. Run the Down loader GTRom Loader from the new created folder.
4. Click the BIN FILE button, browser and select latest BIN FILE, then click the Open button.
5. Click the Download button, wait until the Download Completed.
Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until receiver displayed ON.
6. At this point; You are done with the software update. You can turn off power, then disconnect it from the PC.
Receiver Configuration set up
With the Receiver unplug
1. Connecting all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, and connect RG-6 Cable to the receiver, then
Plug in power cord on the receiver.
2. You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.
3. "CAS SYSTEM" set up, just following the 3A, 3B and 3C steps
3A). Press menu, scroll down to select Parental Control then press OK.
3B). Scroll down to PIN #2, then enter you 4 digits password.0000
If you enter correct PW, it will take you into the CAS SYSTEM menu windown.
3C). In the CAS SYSTEM menu, scroll down to SET DEFAULT KEY, then press OK. Then exit to main menu page.
In the future; if you have to edit the Dishnet key, just following the step #3 to get into the CAS SYSTEM menu,
to edit the key go here Here is how to update key with a screen shoot
4. From the MAIN MENU: selecting INSTALLATION then Antenna setup Option.
These are my dish set up and DiSeqC multi switch configuration;
DiSeqC #1 SuperDish Echo9-IA 13 Dishnet 121
DiSeqC #2 Echo8.6/Ku 110W,
DiSeqC #3 Echo7/Ku at 119W
Satellite: ECHO 9(121) same as dish 105
TP: leave it as is
Satellite: ECHO 6,8(110)
TP: leave it as is
Satellite: ECHO 7(119)
TP: leave it as is
5. Check the signal and Quality level highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength).
If you get no quality level on transponders, try others before giving up, because not all TPs are transmitting,
if nesscery Re-aim your dish still not getting any quality signal
6. Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting, the back to the Main Menu
7. Go back to the Installation Menu
8. Goto SATELLITE SCAN or BLIND SCAN, press OK, select the satellite to scan.
you have to scan all the satellites have, once it complete, you should be able to watching TV
Customize your own channels with Channel Master
1. Hook up you box to the PC again.
2. Run the Channel Master, upload the channels list to the PC.
3. form the Channel master, you can edit or delete the unwant channel, save it, then load it back to your box.
Go to lyngsat.c*om for you satellite channel information
Note: Channel Master has the help menu, just look up on the top tool box.