DIRECTV R10 How to Burn to DVD's?

Username: Consolo2002

Billerica, Ma Usa

Post Number: 1
I just got Directv tivo. I know you can burn to a VHS... But how to burn to a DVD? Please help me.

Thanks

Gates
Unregistered guest
I have the same question. I have noticed their are 2 usb ports on the back of the r10. I did not see a cat5 connection. I have a pc, winxp, with a dvd burner. I also have a stand alone usb dvd burner (this would be the best option if it will work). I do not care that the signal has to be converted to analog before back to digital. From what I understand, that is the nature of the beast and it cannot be done any other way.

The info I am looking for:

1. Can this be as simple as plugging up the usb dvd burner and choosing a burn to vcr option?
2. If not, what software would I need to transfer to the pc, then burn to a dvd? I am sure the format would have to change at some point during the process.
3. I am not opposed to buying a DVD recorder to hook up to the r10, if in fact it will be a simple process to burn to dvd at a decent quality. If so, do you have any suggestions of dvde recorders that won't break the bank. I still need to feed my son after buying the recorder :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us