Splitting Cable to 2 Tv's from one jack with TiVo?

Unregistered guest
I live in graduate housing (talk about network problems) and because our building is new, the jack in my bedroom does not work. However, the shared jack downstairs does work. The problem is the roommate is allergic to TiVo, and won't deal with it (she unplugs it when I'm not looking). Is there a way that I can split the cable to go to One plain TV, and one TV with a TiVo attached? When I asked someone they said that if I get a cable splitter that both TV's would have to be on the same channel at the same time (which is the same problem). Please help before I murder the roommate.

fx
Unregistered guest
You are correct, that "someone" is incorrect. A splitter does just that, it splits the signal into two identical, although lower in power, signals.

Enjoy your TiVo! Also be sure to buy a splitter that will pass high frequency signals, in other words one made for cable TV sources.

PS: In many States murdering a person for disconnecting your TiVo is considered justifiable homicide and you will not be prosecuted. :-)

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us