I have trouble with me Fortec Star

Username: Punk

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 2
I got the one with the program already installed but I dont know how to make it work!

There is not a single channel showing up!

Does anyone knows how to make it work?

fortec helper
Unregistered guest
Do you have your disc settings matching 110 & 119?

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 3
How do you match your disc setting.

What it does is that it scan all the channel and then scan it again and again for like 40 min and after it finish all the channel stay black.

binfiler
Unregistered guest
what does your system info say, what bin file?

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 24
try a reboot/reset first..BACK of receiver,power off,wait 1 minute,power on,tyurn to channel 300..If U have a good bin,your FTA setup is correct,and hardware is all good,then maybe a simple reboot is all U need..

More Info Required
Unregistered guest
Give more info about your setup. Do you have 110/119 hooked up? Are you positive that it came with a valid bin file installed? When you blind scan , even though the channels are black how many channels are there? What is your signal level and quality?

MontrealCanada

Post Number: 4
I feel so bad right now.

The problem was my pin has to be all zero!

Now I can see all the channel!

Thanks guy :-)

Gezzz at the time I spended to find out that simple step I missed.

B1'TCH-BOY
Unregistered guest
I have trouble with my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha)

Unregistered guest
i would like to re-program my fortec star decoder

vtv
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to get the vietnamese channel on the fortec star dvb?

Santa
Unregistered guest
fortec ultra worked great @ cottage with twin dishes and new switch. House has dual LNB dish. Dealer advised factory settings to whipe cottage channels, then sattellite scan @ standard 110 22kh on,118-22kh off. Have lost more than half movie stations. HBO east, showtime east, encore east, TCM, RFDTv ect. ect. Appreciate help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
what is the problem,the HOUSE dish?..what have U done to fix it?...what kind of LNB's?..did it ever work at house?..is dish aligned?...do U have a twin or dual LNB?..1 bird or 2 birds,and which ones?...and U can use a channel list at house instead of scans..

BTW...what is 118?

Santa
Unregistered guest
1)problem is house dish.. 2)reset to factory setting,fresh sat scans,installed wire to 119 post, also installed new switch.. 3)twin LNB's.. 4)yes, prior to factory reset(suggested by dealer).. 5)yes dish is aligned.. 6)Twin LNB's.. 7)110 @ 90% and 119 @ 91%.. How do I access channel list for programming?
BTW 118 was a typo, should be 119

Username: Kneegrow_rules

Post Number: 2
Hey Santa...Is it true you only come once a year?Upload

LK'S-BULLING-HIS-DICK
Unregistered guest
-I just love the picture...Do u have one of LK
doing the same thing.....(He-Ha-He-Ha)

Username: Dre0834

Post Number: 1
help needed i have a fortec and i have it hooked up to my old direct dish and it has a single lnb and i get 110 fine no problems but i noticed 119 has good quality and sigle but i dont get any of the channels i was wondering any one can help me

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
U can access a free channel list from any reputable DSS site and upload it using either Gtools or channel master utilty program..But U should be getting TV now,if U have a good working N2 bin,performed scans correctly,and have your menu-antenna setup configured correctly (which is fairly routine)..

Remember dish pro LNB's require dish pro channel lists....

MHOSER
Unregistered guest
I LOADED UP TWO FORTEC STAR ULTRA WITH 282 BIN,AND THEY WORK FINE.IM TRYING TO LOAD A THIRD BUT ALL IT SAYS,FAILED.CAN ANYBODY HELP ME.THANKS

SLIVER
Unregistered guest
HEY DRE the signal youre getting on 119 is coming thru from the 110 satelite you need either amulti dish with two lnbs or another dish set on the 119 sat. with a diseq switch

SLIVER
Unregistered guest
I needsome advice on a fortec reciever . The model i have carrys a extra piece on the power plug its like aplug converter from eropean to american . I have already flashed one with 280 bin file by the time i fineshed loading the channel list it went black. no lights any help would be appreciated as to what file i should use in my other reciever. i dont want to kill it .

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 36
See this thread: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168914.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us