Clone??

NewFTAuser
Unregistered guest
Can someone please tell me how can I find out if I have a clone Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra?? I just got it 4 days ago, and am getting 97W (some channels from back home) and since I've been reading about the fixes, I've seen lots about clones, and clone killers. Any way to find out if it's a clone? Thanks for any help, I've seen the question asked, but there was no answer.

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 30
***This was taken from al7bar .tk, thanks to Ftashz, since it's a pain in the butt differentiating legit fortecs from clones, anyway here it is:

"Fortec's are hard to identify and after read a lot I got some ideas:

-Original Fortec will have a shiny gray color, the Clone will have a sligthly pink hue
-Original Fortec will have the vent holes cut with straigth cuts, the Clone rounded edges
-Original Fortec will have Cooler fins or dissipator attached to the IC Power regulator and the ST chip, so you will not be able to see if you have a good combo or a Bad Combo, the Clone the oposite, so are prone to get some damage to your receiver due to overheating
-Original Fortec will be hard to get "loocked" with the lastest bins (due to a clone killer) and or overheating
-Some said that Fortec comes in a Box and with a plastic cover..."

NewFTAuser
Unregistered guest
Man, now I'm really not sure... The only thing visible from the outside is the vent holes, and they are little lines, with rounded edges, but it's barely visible that they are rounded. It doesn't seem to have a pinkish hue though, so I don't know. What happens if I put on a bin and it's a clone killer. Does it permenatly destroy the unit, or is there some kind of a way out?

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 72
If it says "Forchink" or "Gooktec" it is a clone.

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 34
Did some more reading, you can tell a clone from a non-clone by looking at the vent hole ends (not edges and not the way they were cut, but ends), clones have square ends, while legit fortecs have round.

cIarence
Unregistered guest
a non-clone has round corners in the top airholes and indents in bottom of the case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us