Dlp problem

Username: Kroogs101

Post Number: 1
Just got a toshiba dlp a few weeks ago. It has been great, although I have noticed a small problem. Against light, plain colored backgrounds I get a very faint, vertical black line down the left center of the screen. Any ideas as to what the cause may be? It is just enough to be annoying. It took a while to notice it but since I have, I find myself looking for it all the time. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 717
The OCD of these TV owners is amazing.

Read this post. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/162169.html

Stop looking for issues and enjoy your TV.

Username: Kroogs101

Post Number: 2
Thank you bong... I am much better off after reading that.

This is a real issue with the screen. My wife was actually the first person to have pointed it out and is noticable in HD and non-HD feeds.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 722
Sorry. It just seems many are not even as concerned with the content of the show they are watching as looking for minute coinvergance,color, pixel etc issues. That would drive me crazy to constantly have to worry about thosr things,

I would take it back, Go to Costco buy another. They have a lifetime return policy on everthing they sell (xcpt computers). They also include the matcing stand. the 61" Toshiba curently costs $2995 with the stand. They have the Sony Wega 50" with Stand for $2300.

Just take it back whilke you still can. The run around you will get will take too long and you won't have that option any more. Don't take crap from these retailers, They are selling lies and mislead to the max.

Did you know your lamp is really made to last 2100 hours . Thats waht a replacement lamp is warrentied for....Yep 90 days! Thats only 2100 hours. Do the math

Anonymous

i have experienced constant shutting down and flashing LED on the front. How do i solve this?

Recently a flashing message reading 'fan 3' is coming up. What's this & how to get rid of it?
Now the tv turns off every 3-5 mins.

Anybody have solutions?

TomBong
Unregistered guest
Spend another $250 on a lamp. (if you are lucky)

Otherwise consider yourself another victim of thios technology and tell yourself to do some MORE research next time

Anonymous

Thanks. So it doesn't have anything to do with the fans?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us