Splitting Hairs, OCD and the "Big" Picture!

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 590
Seems many who are protecting and defending these flawed TV sets are themselves obsessive with the minutiae on all the sets. The tiniest visual difference makes all the difference. Many incredably even hire and make an expenditure of $300 or more to have a guy come out and "calibrate" their TVs to HIS "expert" eye! Or worse somebody else's idea on a CD of what is "correct." How about their OWN eye. I mean they are the ones watching!

The irony is the same people have the faith to spend $4000 after all the necessary EWs and $400 glass stands (LOL) But have no trust in their own visual acumen of what even looks "right". Does anyone else see the absurdity of this? I suppose not.

Then the same fanatics who can suddenly now see and marvel the "correctly color calibrated" hairs in Andy Rooney's nose to the point where they cannot tell you what he just said! People watching shows they would have never watched before just because it's in HD! Men gazing in stupefaction of bees pollinating flowers. Something they have not seen since 8th grade science class. This time they are wide awake and watching in amazement! Call the wife and the kids!

OCD runs rabid around here. They can see the smallest flaw in PQ, the smallest dead or stuck pixel will cause loss of sleep. Then they will make excuses and rationalize the much bigger issues. When they are finally whacked with the reality of the big issues they finally scream help in these forums and curse the "surprised" manufacturer who's laughing over their desperate screams all the way to the boardroom!

Then the same fanatics have the audacity to protect and defend the technology I'm guessing in part because they cannot admit to themselves they might have made a mistake in judgment.In part because misery at that moment very much needs company. Which is no more evidant then the relief
they feel when someone follows their anguished scream with "I have that problem too".

Ultimately they attempt to silence those shouting from the mountain tops Those who can indeed see the big picture clearly without the benefit of HD. Past that very clear and detailed nose hair all the way to the really big picture and warn others to do the same. The one that lasts long after your eyes get used to seeing everybody's "nose hairs" in HD and the picture becomes a common occurrence. The one that one day makes one slap ones forehead uttering the words;

"What was I thinking?"

Balzack
Unregistered guest
Bong you are truly a shyte stirrer. But you do make some pretty interesting if nasty points in your latest diatribe. Bravo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
bump

Wagonburner
Unregistered guest
Hang in there Tom! You have convinced me to wait a while. Although I love the DLP PQ, SD TV sucks. IMO Football is the only thing worth watching.I have a buddy with 2 DLP's approx 2 years old and has had bulbs in both and fan in 1 repaired. High maintenance is not a good quality on anything, much less something that sets in your living room being babied. Oh, and cable cards suck too!Tom, Don't let them get you down. Power to the people!

Jasper-010101
Unregistered guest
Spoken like a true bonghole buddy!

Wagonburner
Unregistered guest
Nope, just an informed citizen. Democrats and salesmen hate people like me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
Thanks for the sentiment wagonburner. I m sure many think you are me as always. They cannot fathom in their zealotry the glaring imperfections in that cartoon like picture. Perhaps the color wheels are hypnotizing them.

As an aside its intersing that Maxum magazing this month featured HD TVs and they gave kudos to a Plasma, LCD and a Lowly RPCRT in that order. No mention of lamp based TV at all. Now Maxum is not the last word in TV technology. but their readers are gadget freaks and they do have some influence.
i wonder why they included a RPCRT and not a DLP.....no actually I don't.

Jasper-010101
Unregistered guest
3rd class publication showing the bottom feeder models.

I'm Republican!

You're an infected bonghole buddy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 657
If I can open the eyes of one person to see the idiocy of buying into this expensive unforgiving techno;ogy on a whim all the insult and ridicule is well worth it. If I save them thousands of dollars and the grief many are having I feel vindicated. So Jasper you are welcome to your opinion as well.

If they decide Im full of shyte and buy anyway I reserve the right to return some of that ridicule and offense...Fair enough.

BTW there are more bottom feeders in this word then not. Most people do not buy names for the sake of names. that is a learned skill. It takes not following the crowd and being one's own boss. Not allowing slick advertisong campaigns to sway your own sense of reason. It takes knowing who really makes what. It takes more reseach and smarts then you apparently ae capable of.

Your class based judgement is very telling.

Username: Dhadder

Post Number: 9
I see your point on these forums tom. I just wish i would have found this before I spent the 2500 on the set. Now I am just like the other guys trying to salvage what I can out of it. Do you know an uninformed buyer looking for a good deal on a 50".

TomBong
Unregistered guest
Yep Thats what I have been saying and the mods actually tried to ban me IM guessing they are in the business of selling this crap.......but as you can see They can't ban every ISP in the nation!

Every buyer who is posting here with issues is an uninformed buyer or felt very lucky and was wrong.

TomBong
Unregistered guest
Yep Thats what I have been saying and the mods actually tried to ban me IM guessing they are in the business of selling this crap.......but as you can see They can't ban every ISP in the nation!

Every buyer who is posting here with issues is an uninformed buyer or felt very lucky and was wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us