Need help with video to computer

Username: Mobileinfantry

Manteca, Ca US

Post Number: 1
Im brand new to this forum so sorry if this is a dumb question but I have a sony DCR-TRV19 and I am trying to get video to my computer so I can edit it. I have only a usb cable that goes from the DV to the comp. It did not come with a disk or any other cables. I tried adding new hardware but my computer wont even recognize that its plugged in. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very greatful. Thanks

Username: Lennon

Post Number: 1
I have the same camera (DCR-TRV19) and it has worked great. What you've stated, " get video to my computer so I can edit it." is called capturing video. I have both Mac & pcs computers, but I use the Apple computers for all of my video editing. The process is similar for the pc. I use the firewire connection, but you can also use the USB out on this camera also. I'm not sure what "hardware" you added, but really you should only need software, assuming that your computer is not a "barebones" pc. Your video editing software should recongnize your camera, and operate (forward, reverse, pause, etc) it. Just browse to the area of video you want to capture, and push "record."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us