CAUTION..do NOT use pansat 2500 N2 bin

LK
Unregistered guest
Many are having NO problems...and many are having MANY problems with BOTH clones AND original Pansat 2500 receivers...I would wait couple days for Blacklist to get this problem worked out..some receivers not powering up,going dead, sometimes immediately,sometimes hours later,etc...

Recommend you do not use this new released bin today X85BL 050905 251 N2 ap1.zip

Please disregard my earlier suggestions to use this bin...at that time, ALL reports were great...but much has changed since then..

Anonymous

This doesn't make much sense. How come the fix works for some and then doesnt for others?? Can some one please give me an answer??

BLACKLIST
Unregistered guest

MY BIN WORX FINE LK IS WRONG ONE AGAIN!!

Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 1
I have a legitimate Pansat 2500a and it just died on me when I installed the new bin from blacklist. DO NOT use the new bin on your 2500a's, it will die!
LK do you have any idea how I can revive my pansat? I wont even get knight rider

LK
Unregistered guest
THAT'S IT FU ALL I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE IMPOSTER I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD I AM GONE !!

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 266
LK will a rs323 cable work to load n2 bin on viewsat?

Username: Fuideny

Post Number: 7
my pansat got zapped after 10 minutes. Won't even turn on. DON'T USE THIS BIN

LK
Unregistered guest
I did start this thread and did mean it...Do NOT use this bin!...no I cannot expalin the why's here...it was thought that maybe the uploader file U used caused it,but NOT true...some used the 1500-2300-25000 exe with completely different results..

colin ..straight cable

BTW...U have an imposter LK that is trying to do harm to all of you and sabotage this site as well..if the admins/mods here don't stop him, many of U will have dead receivers..hopefully U can distinguish between me and the imposter..

LK/chicago
Unregistered guest
it's not the bin you dumb fcuker...you are running a clone and it got fried...you must have a original pansat for this to work...mines been working for hours now no probs...fcuking retards, learn what kind of reciever you have next time...thumbs up BL

Post Number: 3
DO NOT USE THE 2500 BIN!!!
If a fix for this doesnt come out soon, it is going to be disatrous for pansat's (and blacklist's) reputation.

Post Number: 4
Actually my pansat is original. From what I have read in many other forums, it is affecting original Pansats and clones alike.

Username: Psatter2

New BIN WORKS FINE!!! I think there are some people who mess around coding their receiver with all sort of stuff, and when the legit stuff comes along the receiver doesnt know what to do. This new BIN works fine on my Pansat2500a, all the PPV, HBO, adult, etc...work! Over 900 channels !!!

rec974
Unregistered guest
mine lasted about 10 minutes,surfing the channels then dead

Post Number: 5
Tony, I invite you to visit other reputable FTA forums Al7bar included, and you will see for yourself that this bin killed many, many legitimate pansats also. If yours still works then count your blessings, but I would reinstate the old n1 bin if I were you.

Post Number: 6
BTW, Blacklists site just crashed, I wonder why? It kind of sums up the whole situation.

Anonymous

I cant access Al7bar since Friday Im not VIP, why?

rec974
Unregistered guest
is there any way to recover a dead reciever without buying a new one?

Maratonac
Unregistered guest
Send the bill to file designer.

alex novas
Unregistered guest
Any way to make this alive??

adori
Unregistered guest
its not working .. fake LK is not even a REGISTER User
he is a Fckintingking Liar.. He signs Up with diff name saying it works and dont work.. LK is playing a Game in here
be careFul with this Freak!

Anonymous

Loaded New 2500A Blacklist bin 3 hours ago...No issues yet.

Gawd What a Mess
Unregistered guest
Okay make sure u flash your pansat2500 with factory bin first then flash with the nag2 bin most of you should have know this from the start

LK
Unregistered guest
To fix dead receivers...use the Pansat 2500 boot repair file..

Gawd...when putting on ANY new bin,there is NEVER a need to install the factory bin first,as long as U already have at one time and had nag1 bins working prior to this new N2 bin..

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 722
look you all have been warned to wait till tuesday at 6 pm eastern for the real blklist file if you choose to use the imposter then you have to suffer whatever happens...just wait a day............

Post Number: 7
LK where do I get the pansat 2500 boot repair file?
If my pansat wont even turn on how can I load it?

AZZ O
Unregistered guest
-BLACKLIST-WE ALL KNOWN U ARE A AZZ O.
SO "STOP" BEING A AZZ O AGAIN.

chacal
Unregistered guest
thank lk but for mi is too late

steve123789
Unregistered guest
I tried the boot and get a flash failed update. My receiver is dead. Is there anything else to try besides jtag?

chacal
Unregistered guest
LK for mi is too late

PanSat Never Again
Unregistered guest
An Open Letter To Blacklist
Congratulations!! In your zeal to prevent clone receivers from using software written for Pansats, you have made Pansat the most notorious name since Blackbird. Face it clone buyers already bought their receivers. If a Pansat bin kills their receiver, do you really think they will buy a Pansat? Now you have genuine Pansat owners who have been loyal Pansat customers, some repeat customers, and who purchased their receivers from authorized Pansat dealers, with dead receivers after loading official Blacklist Pansat software they have been waiting patiently for days for. Do you think they will ever buy another Pansat? I thought FTA manufacturer's would learn after the Blackbirb fiasco. Now, just as the Blackbird name has been and will long be remembered for killing their own receivers because of greed, now so will Pansat be long remembered for killing their own boxes. This letter expresses my own views and not that of the staff and management of this site

LK
Unregistered guest
James Millard...it was NOT a bogus 2500 file, released too soon!..it was posted by Blacklist himself at his own site to his own members,Future-FTA.com

Most all sites have the Pansat 2500 Boot repair file...dsscommunity. com does in their Pansat 2500 area of the forums..The file was made to BOOT and REPAIR dead receivers...and U MUST be persistant in using it...don't try it once and give up!

Blacklist has a great reputation,but obviously is human and made some mistakes with this new N2 2500 file..Don't bash the man that has given U all FREE TV for the past year now, due to 1 error..he will come out with a new fix and some advice on how to fix present problems...but the BOOT REPAIR file should get U up again with power..then just upload the last working autoroll bin..

bert&ernie
Unregistered guest
What was the size of the file that was posted?

LK
Unregistered guest
Original Pansat 2500 N2 from Blacklist...345KB

Dipper
Unregistered guest
LK stop giving out Bogus information everyone should reset to factory settings load factory bin then use a good working non-factory bin

Anonymous

Original Blacklist Pansat 2500 N2 from most sites...640KB

Post Number: 9
ok LK, I understand what you say, but I downloaded the boot file and there it is sitting on my desktop. How exactly do I use it?
Dont want to mess up my pansat any more than it already is

psyciatrist
Unregistered guest
LK sounds he's a$$hole blacklists twin. BL was going to release the file 9/6 at 3 PM pacific time. WTF happened? Releases it today and kills a shitload of units both real and clone.If he ain't Charlie then they're all prostitutes

desperate_with_pansat
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me?? i can't seem to flash the pansat 2500A thru my computer which is using XP.. i tried it from two pc's with no success. i am using a cable which is female to male with a male to female adapter on one end. i though my com port is not working but i checked it with a port utility and it seems ok. what am I doing wrong.. i used to have this problem before too, and alway had to take it to the dealer. he has the same cable and everything. anyone have this problem or can suggest any solution.

tks

bert& ernie
Unregistered guest
The original at 640KB should work. The 345KB will depend on last flash. Has someone who used the 640KB crashed and if so what was your last flash. The boot60 should start you up again.

Post Number: 10
I have the boot60 but my reciever is still a dead paperweight

bert& ernie
Unregistered guest
How to reflash a nonworking Pansat 2500a receiver

1. Swtich 2500a unit off in back.
2. Open the Blacklist Updater v1.4
3. Click the button that says "BOOT"
4. Load Boot60.bin in "SELECT BIN" window
4. Turn on back switch
5. On the third light - - - start the download ("WRITE BIN") and let it finish.
6. Turn off pansat backswitch
7. Turn pansat back on
8. Now you should see Knightrider lights - - - - over and over. This is normal.
9. Load the Pansat 2500A_050101_232_api(N).bin in Blacklist Updater v1.4
10 Click the button that says "BIN"
11. Click "WRITE BIN"... let it complete. The reciever will reboot when done.
12 Turn unit off and on again with back switch. Let the pansat boot up all the way.
13 In the Blacklist Updater, click the button that says "BIN"
14 Load the X-85BL_050315_245_api(N).bin in the Blacklist Updater ("SELECT BIN")
15 Write the 245 bin and let the receiver boot up by itself.
16 Now you are done... just load a good channel list or rescan and watch TV again

Anonymous

I need clarification! There are two files downloadable from different sites one is 345KB and another is 640 KB.Which is the original BL N2 Bin?

Anonymous

I think the 640kb file is the original bl n2 Bin. Can someone please confirm this?

LK
Unregistered guest
345 KB is original 2500 N2 bin from Blacklists site Future-FTA.com and posted by Blacklist also...I even copied his post and the file and size here..

Today, 02:50 PM #1
Blacklist
Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pansat 2500A N2 Release.
Please Backup the Channel list before downloading.
For Clone Receivers has one more life on this update.

You can Discuss this file here:

[link removed]

Regards
Blacklist

Attached Files X-85BL_050905_251_api(N2).zip (345.4 KB, 144 views)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thats just it bert&ernie, my pansat is DEAD, finito, kapputt. No light, nothing. Dont know what that bin did to my reciever but it killed it completely, erased the boot record I think. In that case what can I do?

bert& ernie
Unregistered guest
When you turn it on are there not 3 vertical lines that light up just for a second and then nothing.

bigflush
Unregistered guest
Same thing happened to me too. No lights. Nothing. Installed the bin, 15 mins of TV then nothing.

Anonymous

I downloaded X-85BL_050905_251_api(N) ,file size 640KB from blacklists site at 11:14am pacific time.

I loaded it on my Pansat2500 using Blacklist Updater Ver 1[1].4 about 1 hour later and it is currently working approximately 7 hours later.

It may be worth waiting for the dust to settle before loading and for other people to post their experiences but this is my personal experience.

don't do it
Unregistered guest
ditto here...now what??? it won't even light up ...nothing!!! is there a fuse inside these puppies???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
If I were you I would unload the n2 bin and install the previous n1 bin. There is obviously something wrong with the bin. You are one of the lucky few, fine, but if I were you I wouldnt bet on my luck lasting out.

Anonymous

Please confirm?Whats the real file size?There are two files.One is 345KB and the other is 640KB.Which is the right one.LK is claiming 345KB file is the right one.As per the above post people claiming the 640 KB file is the real working file.

kodiak
Unregistered guest
Charlie is pissed!!! Thats why your getting bad bins. Note the one posters that say it works fine... What F*cking smart a**holes !! Just wait it out .... Late....

don't do it
Unregistered guest
i would pull it out and sit a while....like I said mine also was working nad now i have nothing....no lights no NOTHING...

i think we've been %^&*$+ !!!

Stern Howie
Unregistered guest
I haven't tested this new file yet but the zipped file is 345KB and the file inside of the archive is 640KB once it is extracted. maybe thats what the confusion is? Personally I'm not doing anything until BL releases his file...tomorrow?

Post Number: 3
APOLOGY!!!
Etorres, sorry man, I was early out the gates in my support for the new BIN fix. Actually, within half hour after I posted my indorsement my friend's Pansat 2500a receiver was cold dead! I felt terrible cause I fully believed the new Bin was 100 %, if I only new that hell was about to break loose so shortly.

I won't jump to blame BlackList, but I do hope he was upfront about not knowing that glitch in the fix. We all took chances here, plus the technology is new and the testing games is always risky. From this horrible fiasco I hope more care will be taken next time, plus it may push some of us arm-chair quarterbacks to actually get in the game, to learn how to engineer new fixes for a technology that means so much to us all, rather than just relying on one man to know and to do it all.

Yes, my own Pansat 2500a was fried too today, but tomorrow I will be shopping for a new one (maybe even a Fortec). World progress was never hampered becaused of any single obstacle. lets march and conquer N2!

640KB
Unregistered guest
the 345kb is obviously a bogus.....all files are generally at least 600kb

Anonymous

They are the same file!!! the 345kb is a zipped file and the 650kb is not a zipped file!!

sam999
Unregistered guest
loaded the bin , worked 5 min, crash, no lights,dead, power getting in, fuse ok, problem with tuner board?

Anonymous

Does anyone know where to find the Pansat 2500 boot repair file? Thanks.

RICO_CAN
Unregistered guest
anybody have a answer regarding the fortec Bin published at al7bar ....,?

Post Number: 4
I have a copy of the boot repair kit, I can email me for it.

RICO_CAN
Unregistered guest
so the Bin is fonny???

sam999
Unregistered guest
dead receiver, boot repair kit will not help, need power first................dont use those bins

Post Number: 5
IMPORTANT!!!

Original Factory Bins and loader for 2300/2500
Here's a couple of original bins, one for the 2300 and one for the 2500. Nice to flash if you want a fresh start. Use the Pansat Factory Loader. STB Model set to "key:global" no quotes.

Fun uses...

1 - Cure Knight Rider lights: Turn your pansat off (switch on back of receiver). Start the Pansat Factory Loader. Select original Factory Bin to download. Click the download button, and then quickly turn the Pansat on (switch on back). Wait for "Download Complete" window to appear. When receiver then boots up normally, download your favorite X7500 or X8500 fix bin.

2 - Cure No Power Up: Turn your Pansat on. Start the Pansat Factory Loader. Select original Factory Bin to download. Click the download button. Go fix yourself a sandwich. The program will sit there for a long time (5-10 minutes) like it is doing nothing. One of two things will finally happen... ONE: you get a "Flash Failed" message. (Very Rare)... OR TWO: A burning chip window will appear, then once burned the download progress window appears and will download the Factory Bin. When receiver then boots up normally, download your favorite X7500 or X8500 fix bin. (also reportedly works for the "n" light problem).

NOTE: 90% of the time if you get a "Failed Flash" message, it's a hardware problem... (wrong connection cable, wrong com port setting, etc). If you still can't get it working, try BL Boot Repair Fix V4 file in the download section, and then come back here and try this again.

Still no work? $50 plus $10 shipping to Pansatusa and they restore your original chip setup and memory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pansat Factory Loader.zip (123.9 KB, 1941 views)
File Type: zip Pansat Original Bins 2300 and 2500.zip (834.9 KB, 508 views)

If you need both files, let me know.

Username: Triggerhorse

Chilliwack, Bc Canada

Tony-- Will that help with the old "green light" hit on the Blackbird?

Post Number: 6
Well, any thing is possible for sure.

Testing is a game - sometimes you win, some you lose. There are many interesting techniques, methods, suggestions, etc...from thousands of members in this and other FTA communities across the net, something gotta give...eventually. Keep trying.

Username: Dsskid

Post Number: 2
PLEASE DONATE TO THE PANSAT 2500 RELIEF FUND

Upload

Username: Triggerhorse

Chilliwack, Bc Canada

That is Funny-- Toro

Anonymous

Hey Toney, My e-mail is mamawen@hotmail.com
Thanks.

Unregistered guest
my pansat is toast

glebb33
Unregistered guest
You are an IDIOT if you buy another Pansat after this mess! An IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANALMAN RULES !!!!
Unregistered guest
U NOW WHAT????????? STUPID IDIOTS********* WE SHOULD ALL FILE A SITE AGAINST MUTHERFOCKER BLACKLIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blacklist die
Unregistered guest
BURN HIM, BURN HIM ALIVE AT THE STAKE!

Conspiracy
Unregistered guest
"Tony"
"Tony"
Is also on other sites.
Works wonderful, Download it...LOL

BlackList, look up in Tony DicKonary,
I prefer Webster

Pan*** *UCKS(and you also wonder why 'B' site closed....

power supply
Unregistered guest
i heard that the power supply on the fried pansats is the only thing that is fried. that's why it isnt powering up. the bin was too much for the power supply, it depends on how fragile your power supply is i guess. maybe our pansats can be brought to life. check it out.

Conspiracy
Unregistered guest
overclocks and burns
powersupply not problem
nor is having a heatsink on main,

CODE MAKER
Unregistered guest
New working bin will be released on sept. 12, 2005. It will only work for the ones that did not get fried. Obiviously. This is confirmed. Be patient until then.

pansat_hater
Unregistered guest
hum one day after every channel goes n2 what a suprise that is!!!! if ya notice down the bottom of this page used to have fta sites in google ads now its pansat buy new receiver cause we blew up you old one ads ilmfao

Username: Mtc2260

I had great success with the 2500A BIN. I also know what may be wrong and upsetting a lot of people---[unfortunately, the major websites for FTA downloads are down for one reason or another]

I remember being a NOOB, with my 1st time programming a 2500A--- it went "dead" and I went ape s*&^ too. I calmed down, and did the following:

Make sure you are using a RS 232 cable

Use the Blacklist Loader Ver. 1.4.0.0. It's specifically made for the 2500A.
You need:

the Boot Ver 6.0
the Factory BIN for the 2500A

With the Master Power OFF, start the BL Downloader program with the Boot selection highlighted, and find your file for 6.0. Start the program and IMMEDIATELY turn the Master switch ON.

Make sure it says "Download Complete!" before you touch anything!!!

When this is done, you should see a "Knight Rider" on the front of the box.

Next, load the original factory BIN. Make sure to highlight the "BIN" in the program [not BOOT]
Follow the exact method above for downlaoding, by starting off with the power OFF.

Your box should now be alive! It should say "On" on the front

NOW, load your new N2 BIN with the same procedure you loaded the factory BIN.

It's helpful to have a channel list saved already. No biggie if you don't. You just have to start all over and do your settings for your sats and do a total scan of the sats again.

I am posting this here because all of the other sites are down and I can't get it to post it. There are a lot of unhappy people and I am trying to circumvent the issue by people being upset at BL and Pansat.

Sorry I can't attach the files you need because of this sites 100kb upload restrictions. Do your best to search the other sites for what you need.

Also a word of caution: Seeing the posts with complaints about the boxes "frying"...YES, the box will run VERY WARM--- I recommend to not have any other components by it. Perhaps put a little fan on it [the older 2500A models [before Oct 2004 do not have heat sinks] I had mine on for 45 minutes and no problems [only because I had other things to do for the day]
Also, try vacuuming the box vents with a soft brush attachment for the vacuum cleaner to get the dust and stuff out

This might also work for the clones, but no guarantees...you have nothing to lose for trying

cheers

Word 2 the Wise
Unregistered guest
C/P

This is part of an email sent to me by an old and trusted friend from the H and HU days. He makes some very interesting points. I only hope he is wrong, but to date, his information has never been.

Quote,
"Thought it would be time for an update, it has been quite awhile but
there was really nothing to report of any significance.

There have been a ton of rumours swirling around lately, I will
address them all today and dispel most of the rumours, scams and utter bullcrap
that unscrupulous dealers are unleashing on the public. Do not buy
anything at this point.

1) Rom101 Dishnet hack for their Nagra2 smartcards
Yes it does work, but it won't for long. It is being sold by
dsstoybox.com and is a complete waste of money for the 350C they want for it. It comes with no guarantees at all so this should tell you enough(I visited these
clowns at the Pickering flea market and they were totally mis-leading,
this makes my blood boil, i lost them a few sales as I challenged them
with facts). There are three version of Dishnets new card ROM101, 102 and
103. Most of their cards are of the 102 and 103 variety, and they have not
been hacked at all. Dishnet has already begun plugging the 101's holes by
turning off p0rn last week; the rest of the channels will follow soon.
There is no identical for Bell Express View as they never issued any 101
cards, just 102's and 103's. Both dishnet and Bell knew there was a flaw
so these cards will disappear soon.

2) DTV P4 or P5 hack
There is still no hack for these two cards regardless of the unsolicited emails you may receive or the constant rumours that persist. Another rumour surfaced last week, but in my opinion it was just a webmaster who wanted to drive more traffic to his website, which by the way worked for him. However there is no proof of any hack from them or my numerous contacts. Always email me for my opinion before you layout cash for
anything of this nature.

3) Free-To-Air Nagra2 hack for dishnet
As you are aware FTA(free-to-air) units became the rage after DTV went
down as they opened up both Dishnet and Bell. In the past month both
finished their card swaps from Nagra1 to Nagra2, so little or no channels
are left to watch. Almost immediately after the card swap a few FTA
manufacturers released bin files for their units that allowed nagra2 to be
viewed. Wow the community said Nagra2 is hacked Hoooooray!!! WRONG! It
is not hacked, this is just a dump of the 101 hack mentioned above, and
these bins also lost the p0rn channels last week with more to follow in
the future weeks. Once again they were only able to offer fixes for
Dishnet and not Bell as they did not issue 101 cards. Overnight after this
temporary hack, the price on C00lsat and Pansat units doubled. Many
invested immediately....they will be disappointed in a few weeks. My
advice at this point is wait a month and see how this all plays out. These
FTA companies only care about pushing stock, being honest means nothing to them

"WARNING" Use these latest Nagra2 FTA files at your own risk, many are
killing FTA units and frying them for a number of reasons, your best to
wait a month till these things are proven."

Never Crapsat Again
Unregistered guest
Hello!!!!!!!!!
A L Smith, no offence, but have you actually read what is wrong with the crapsats. NO POWER at all.
FLASHING does NOT help.

It has nothing to do with being a noob. It has to do with Blacklist being a knob.

Jamez
Unregistered guest
I have absolutely no problem with this file on my Pansat 3000 clone whatsoever because I did not load it =) nor will I until it is deemed stable,

So it works on some not on others, clones and originals alike, who cares, when it worls on all flawlessly, then load it.

Don't rush into this, be grateful N2 is here at all for FTA sake, after all this could have taken the P4 many month/years route... if not indefinitely...

BE HAPPY, DON'T WORRY - every day is a suprise...

What's another week or two wait? PATIENCE IS A REAL VIRTUE HERE =)

Unregistered guest
we're making a list

checking it twice

gonna find out

naughty or nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
A L Smith The Pansats that have been affected have NO POWER. There is no way to download a boot file or a bin if the unit has no power.
Are you saying that this fix also works for the boxes that have been fried with no power?

Username: Mtc2260

When I first started programming my 2500A, it went dark---I didn't know if it worked or not. It was like it didn't have power as I didn't see anything or hear anything from the box.

I did what I mentioned in my previous post and it worked [for that instance]. I programmed 8 2500's today, and I didn't have a problem with any of them.

Please don't flame me as I am only trying to help--I know that if a 2500A isn't flashed correctly [as I have done it before myself previously], it will seem "dead".

If you think your box is "dead"...what do you have to lose by trying my suggestion?

Positive attitude=positive results

LK
Unregistered guest
There are many various ideas in this thread to repair your dead receiver...IF they do NOT work,then U must Jtag it...the HOW TO is posted at dsscommunity. com forums in the Pansat 2500 area..

Some people have has success with the above posted methods and some have had to Jtag it...BUT MANY have revived their "dead" receivers..

NO MORE!!!!
Unregistered guest
Read this thread for Pansat Recovery

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/159640.html

INFO MAN
Unregistered guest
Blackbird Alien is coming out in a month. It is going to be a FTA with a card slot for DTV and Dish. I have some inside info that leaked out from one of the top sat guys in this industry. Big things are going to happen soon. Big money to be made. Get ready for the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us