Looking for 42"-46" CRT rear proj. suggestions (have searched)

Username: Ck42

Post Number: 1
Did the requisite search on the forums but didn't find anything conclusive enough.

This is a first time big-screen purchase so I want to get it right for the most part.

Based on the viewing distance (6-8ft) I'm looking at smaller 16:9 screen sizes of 42"-46" models.

I need to keep the price down and I have accepted that I will need to sacrifice something for it. I'm looking to spend in the $1200-$1300 range.

So far, I've been comparing models from Toshiba, Hitachi, Sony, and Mitsubishi. Are there any other brands I should be considering?
Should I avoid any of those brands I've listed for some reason?

My other alternative for the price is to go with a nice 34" CRT direct view tube. Kinda small but I at least know that I'd be happy with PQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 86
The Hitachi 46F510 is a nice CRT. It doesn't have a built-in HD tuner but if you have sat or cable, that won't matter.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/projection/16-9digital_mon/46F510.shtml

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 329
Ditto on the Hitachi.....If you belong to price club they have 50" Panasonic RPCRTS for $1000. The good thing about Price club is you can bring the TV back if you EVER have an issue. They have no limit on returns as far as time goes. Only on computers and that is 6 months return no questions refund or replacement.

Its the best EW you can buy. LOL

CC had some deals on Hitachis 51" $949 65" $1299

To tom
Unregistered guest
You're a fool if you think that return policy isn't accounted for in their retail price! LOL

Post Number: 2
Ok...have to admit, I'm not familiar with the Price Club. Have a link?

Still strongly considering 32-34" direct view CRTs.
Found the Panasonic at Wal-Mart of all places for a great price. ONly thing is, the model # is not EXACTLY what's listed on the Panny home page

Looks like a very nice CRT for a very acceptible price. Can't find much info on it though as far as any serious reviews...or even opionions for that matter.

BTW...this TV is going to be the "buy this until all the other LCD, DLP, Plasma uncertainty resolves itself" TV purchase. At the same time, I don't want to spend $1K on something that is gonna be total junk in a couple years either. This is one of the big Pluses for choosing a direct view CRT (it should still look great in another 5 years).

To HD
Unregistered guest
Chris and tom bong are the same person.
What a psycho!

Post Number: 3
Uh....ok, if you say so.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us