Warp in my 65" Mitsubishi image

Username: Agenturge

Post Number: 1
What's causing the warp? I have two...one in the upper thrid of the screen and on in the lower third. I really noticed this when I had my HD Tuner connected to it. When credits roll or movment along a path that goes vertical, sometimes horizontal, I can seen the warping pretty well. I thought it might be the tuner but then I saw the same problem in DVDs and video games.

It occured to me that mirrors do warp after time and I do live in Georgia (humidity) so it is possible that the mirror is warped and thats the source of my problem? I'm due to have it checked over by the retailer's svc department anyway but I want to know something ahead of time so I can protect myself. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 81
I'm assuming this is a CRT model, do you have speakers right next to the TV? Because if so, the magnetic field from the speaker magnet could be causing the problem.

Post Number: 2
I do. But they're floor speakers. Maybe that doesn't make a difference. Is it possible that the warp I'm seeing is actually in the center of the screen rather than two warps? If not, then wouldn't there just be one warp? Just a thought. I've had the TV since 2002 and never had this problem till a few months back.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 84
It doesn't really matter if they are flor speakers or not, because the vulnerable part of the TV is down low, where the CRT's reside in the cabinet.

Sounds strange that the problem just started to occur a few months back. Try moving you speakers further away from the set and see if that helps. It may take a while for it to straighten out.

Another thought, if your set is a widescreen model (16:9) is the problem when viewing 4:3 material? There is another thread on this forum that discusses an "hour-glass" effect when viewing 4:3 with bars on the side of the picture. It's a geometry issue.

Post Number: 3
I tried the speaker movement option and it didn't seem to change anything. Then again, it's difficult to tell sometimes because it's more obvious with some types of video than it is with others. I read that there's some service codes but I've not tried them.

I also played with the convergence but I'm not sure that it did anything. I'm due for a maintainence visit from HiFi Buys so maybe that will help.

This could also be a chance for me upgrade my audio system for this. <g>
Maybe t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us