RT rear projection. I am still worried about burn in though.How to stop burn in

Username: Zero83

Post Number: 5
I am thinking now about getting a CRT rear projection TV. I am still worried about burn in though.

How long would a static image have to stay on screen in order for burn in to start?

I watch alot of cartoon network, will that logo burn in over time(even if I turn off the TV once in a while?

What about video games? How long can I play a game before burn in starts?

if I turn the TV off for a few minuets, then ersume play, will that "reset" the burn in process?

Please help me descide on what type of TV would be best for me to use in a home theater.

I have also recently comtemplated about getting a direct view 16:9 34 inch tube set. Would that be ok for a ome theater?

thanks
Zero

Silver Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 108
i have a 36" toshiba that is about 7 years old and play alot of vg's have no burn in.

I think it takes hours of paused vg to burn it in.

what my biggest negative of crt is the effects of unshielded speakers and what it does to the picture. I beileve a problem not subjected too in Microdisplays....

34" tube I guess that depends on your budget and room size. I think to get a "theater like" feeling bigger is better, but surrond sound, lighting and a good bowl of popcorn also adds to the whole experinece and isn't that what it is about?

Username: Zero83

Post Number: 6
Would I be ok going iwth a CRT rear projection.

I plan on using this TV alot. How can I minimize the risk of Burn in

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 318
MASTER BURN-IN THREAD

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=406182

This is a great thread on burn in.
BAsically keep your contrast and brightness lower then 75% and you will not have burn in issues.

No Burn in has been the big selling point of the RP DLP and LCDs. Its a scare tactic used to sell those TVs. RPCRTs have been around a long long time and there has not been a public furor over burn in issues. Most of the burn in shows up years after the TV has been "abused."

Read the thread your fears will fade away.
IF you want the overly contrasty, bright,unrealistic cartoon like look of DLP. Do NOT buy a RP CRT. They should be more film like in PQ. More subdued.

The DLPs and LCDs to me are like listening to much with the treble and bass turned all the way up. Exagerated and unrealistic yet for some very compelling and exciting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us