Samsung DLP Rear Projection Model Numbers

Anonymous

I've been reasearching several Samsung TV's and I'm confused with their designations. If someone could answer these questions I would be greatly appreciative.

In all the TV model Designations what is the difference in the letters?
HL Rxxxx
HL Pxxxx

OK now could you explain the model numbers?
R5656
P5663 I think this is an old model
R5667
R5668
P5674
R5677
R5678
R5688

What's changing with those last two numbers?
DLP Generation?
What the Newest?
What's the Best?

Thanks!

Username: Wolfpackron

Winston-Salem, NC

Post Number: 3
Go to Samsung.com web site and look at the info on different models. Some are listed under archieved models. P's are 2004 models. R's are 2005 models. Some use the HD3 chip, some the HD2+ chip, others use what the forums call the HD4 chip. Some are pedestal models. Another resource is the AVSforum.com forum. One post list info about 2005 Samsung models at the beginning. Hope this is helpful. WolfpackRon.

Winston-Salem, NC

Post Number: 4
Models ending in "8" are the newest and probably the best and most expensive. They are the "new" 1080p models. Models using the HD2+ chip are thought to have the sharpest picture other than the new 1080p models. Read the forums and let your eyes (at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) and pocketbook decide what you are happy with. WolfpackRon.

Username: Need_a_tv

Napoleon, OH USA

Post Number: 1
Thanks WolfpackRon, That "R" and "P" helped a lot, as I was thinking "P" was high end. Now I'll just decide on, as you said my pocketbook. Nothing like having knowledge when you set out to buy one.

Winston-Salem, NC

Post Number: 5
I am still looking for an HDTV myself. Been focused on the Samsung DLP's, but every time I go to BB or CC, the Sony LCD picture looks sharper and brighter. A lot of the sales persons like the DLP's too. I will make a decision soon. WolfpackRon.

Username: Need_a_tv

Napoleon, OH USA

Post Number: 2
Exactly, before I buy I need to shop and see what I like then I'll shop prices. Reading specs can only take you so far, you still need to look them over. After the holiday I'll run up to Toledo. But this weekend it's beer after beer after beer at a Harley Ralley. Oh ya and gotta see the women too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us