Gotcha Bong

Gotcha Bong
Unregistered guest
CRT Technology has been around 60 years. Same technology...just improved. Im guessing SED will be an extention of the CRT technology and all the RP Tvs will go away including CRTs if SED delivers on it's promise.

I believe DLP and RPLCD are a stop gap technology which will be relaced by a technology that will become the defacto display technology for the next 60 years.. I believe those who are spending 3,4,$5K on Tvs will replace them if and when SED delivers. There will be some dissappointed people who realize as some already do they should have waited......for a TV that will display ALL inputs with equal picture quality without scaling and resampling resolution like a CRT PC monitor apparently currently does.

HDTV and Blue Ray in my opinion have many many many years to be accepted. Not two or three years but perhaps a generation. People only recently swapped their VHS for DVDs and will not be willing to do it again soon. There are a lot of people with expensive laser disk collections and players gathering dust. I equate DLP and RPLCD, even Plasma as "laser disk" technology.

SACD has gone and is going nowhere....and those that can remember the big wow of quadraphonic sound on home stereo are painfully reminded of the early death of that "wonderful" technology. Pink Floyd and the Who even toured with a quad sound system and di not light the fire.

No one (except the "audiophile" hobbyists) wanted to replace their vinyl with 4 channel Vinyl...Im suggesting no one will want to replace their DVD collection with HD DVDs.

The image quality difference for most people will not be as noticed as going form stereo to quadraphonic sound. There are only 13% of homes with an HD TV now after, what 6 years? MOst everyday people are smartly slow in embracing new technology. They have seen it and been ripped off before and will wait for a clear "winner" not to metion compelling content. After all in the end it's all about the delivery content. Vidoephiles and "tech heads" don't get this and want everyone to adapt flawed troubled "interim" technology for their own needs to have the best cheaply. They as well as the manufacturers of the junk want the everyday Joe to pay for their "habit."

Gotcha!

Senior
Unregistered guest
Unlike Mr. Bong I am a real senior citizen. I do not wait around for the perfect technology for the obvious reason I may not be around. I lived in a rather remote area of W. Virginia where cable tv is still nonexistent and OTA is unreliable. I purchased a satellite dish for near $1000. Eight years later they dropped in price and today they are close to free. My neighbors' laughed and commented I should have waited. I simply replied I had eight years of wonderful satellite service to their none. Today I live in a peaceful condominium with my new plasma tv where I receive high definition. Again my brethren are laughing calling this technology immature and over priced, that I should wait. Again I replied I am watching in hd to their standard definition. While you may call my tv junk and interim, I am vastly enjoying my remaining years (and my tv) until I return to dust.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 290
Just how many names are you going to use on this forum Anonymous?

Orb
Unregistered guest
Yeah right, like that's not you Tom.

We've seen you're not above starting your own arguments before when you felt you weren't getting enough attention.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 295
LOL show me one time. I was already accused of responding in reverse to a poster who registered last October. Please ..I have enought detractors I do not need to fan my own fires. IN fact The post in question has no typos,,,,,not exactly my MO.....

bong is a fraud
Unregistered guest
Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:41am

Quotes from the link that tom bong posted in the samsung problems thread:

"In the old days, color imaging was accomplished by tickling phosphors with an electron gun. Surprisingly, this system produced (and continues to produce) the most life-like images of all, which is why CRT front projectors are still preferred by a small number of high-end customers for home theater applications."

"That's because CRTs are capable of a wide grayscale and can show images with very low luminance levels (shadow detail) as well as very high luminance levels (highlights) in the same scene. More importantly, when a CRT is idling, it is essentially shut off. I mean REALLY shut off, as in black. Not a deep gray, as you'll see with LCD, DLP, and LCoS projectors and AM LCD and plasma monitors."

If you ask people who really know this technology, they will tell you that a properly calibrated CRT is the reference that all others are measured by.

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages/shmontrast.htm

A 2003 article that groups DLP black levels in with LCD and Plasma isn't very credible. Everyone knows that DLP black levels are matching CRT black levels while LCD is still unable to.

Using wording from a 2003 article as your own is pretty lame. It's pure plagiarism. It's misleading and outdated.

This proves beyond doubt that tom bong is a fraud.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us