14 pages of new RP CRT Owners..Compare with FP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 193
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=435759&page=1

Hers a thread of new Hitachi RP CRT owners. Notice how FEW the issues and more tweaking and glowing about the set. No complaints, Problems....

For those who think the issues on these DLPs and RPLCDs reflect a small portion of those who only post on the forums who have issues...

Doesn't seem to apply to the RP CRT owners over at AVS (a hugely more credible and informative user forum)

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 61
That new Hitachi is a nice set. I was in RC Willeys a couple of days ago and looked at the 57F710S and the picture quality was awesome. Black levels were excellent. Plus it has a built-in HD-tuner so you can watch all the prime time HD channels for free with just an antenna. They had the set on sale for 1699.

Anyone contemplating a CRT should give this set a serious look.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/projection/16-9digital/57F710S.shtml

Joey Bennet
Unregistered guest
My 3 year old Toshiba rear projection triple CRT tv has a green picture and the repairman said it could be as much as $500 to repair it. I don't have a warranty and now I wish I had bought something else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
$500 is cheap....The bulbs on an RCA DLP alone cost $600. BEsides you are the exception not the rule. I have not read of a single issue like yours on any TOshiba RPCRT forum. Unlike the myriad of same issues those have with their beloved DLPS and RPLCDs.

Its unfortunate. But I would spend the money . Soon you will not be able to get the superior CRT RP set. IF you would have bought a Fixed Pixel for $3000 three years ago without a warranty cnances are better you would have a;ready spent $300 for a bulb and who knows what else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
YEs I have researched the Hitachis and if I could fins someone to take the glossy shield off it without harming the warranty I would jump in now.

I think they are going to get real cheap as the blow out sales begin,

Bronze Member
Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 36
wow, you guys must have lots of time on your hands to argue this points. Time to get a hobby.

Can't you all agree some eyes see things differently and there is no "Better" ? It is a personal choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
I am not trying to convince the owneres of RPLCDs/ DLPs they are terrible. I am trying to let the newbie who knows nothing to see an alternate view of why I think they are a waste of money right now.

Be better off with a Plasma if he HAS to have an HD Fixed Pixel set.

Anonymous

I bought the 57F710S and couldn't be happier. I looked at the DLP and LCD projection and was just not that impressed for the money. As for the glossy shield, initially I was worried but I am pleased to report that it has not detracted from the viewing pleasure one bit. Maybe it's how I have the TV placed in the room. There are no windows directly behind the viewing area, just on the side. Watching HD Discovery is like looking out a window. Excellent TV worth every penny.

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
Thats the one IM looking at as well However CostCo has a Visio 50" Plasma for $2600 thats getting great reviews on AVS.

Also you can bring the TV (or anthing but computers ) back to Cost Co if you are not satisfied INDEFINATELY....BEtter then any paid for EW if you ask me. They have an amazing return policy. NO real time limit.

I do like that Hitachi though and CRT generally better.

Chett1T
Unregistered guest
so let me get this right - RP LCD is not the way to go? I am looking for a set to replace my 25" JVC - I have a built in cabinet to place it in - was looking at Sony 34" XBR 960. Sales guy pointed out the Sony KDFE 42A10 (RP LCD). Picture looked pretty good - not as good as the XBR - but bigger and lighter and equal price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
I am clearly one who does not like the fixed pixel displays in the DLP or RPLCD wrappers. I became that way ONLY after reading these forums.

You have to read the threads and make your own choice. I like yourself came to these forums (AVS is a better one) and was turned off by the myriad of "issues" and compromises that had to be made with regard to the RP DLP and LCD fixed pixel displays.

For that king of money I want CRT PQ on ALL channels AND like reliability where I do not need an expensive EW for "piece of mind" or $200 bulbs every year or two. DLP and RPLCD fails on every count in my opinion.

I f I were you and was happy with 36" and 42 inches I would stay with the direct view,
Google the Samsung HC-R4755W projection HDTV $999 at SAms CLub. Maybe you will like a RP CRT until the technology gets better.

chett1t
Unregistered guest
Thank you. I cannot argue with your logic and I appreciate the input. There is not one good answer - but a series of compromises....interesting market for $2K plus units. Wish I could sell substandard units at equal premiums. Thanks for your sage advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
You are welcome. Its laughable how pwople here will make all kinds of "excuses" for a technology that ONLY shows ONE type of input well. Amazing they will pay Thousands of dollars for 1/4 a TV and blame the rest os the SOURCE!!! ALl CRT TVs have been made to show the best of available sources thought history.....Now its the SOURCE fault not the TV...LOL People are so gullable and the makers of this crap are laughing all the way to the bank.

Against the Rant
Unregistered guest
Don't believe tom bong!
He's a ranting repetative idiot.

I'm not sure why he keeps repeating false information. It seems more like a self affirmation of his own propaganda.

He acts like he's on some kind of self appointed mission to save us from technology advances.

What a total moron!

Buy what you want, when you want it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us