BTW Plasma is outselling RP sets..........RP sales FALL!!

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 150
Yes plasma is now officially out selling RP sets.

Im not as surprised as many of trhe FP RP fan-boys will be with all the issues on the RP DLP and LCDs.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Plasma-TV-Are-More-Popular-Then-Projection-TV-For -The-First-Time-6620.shtml
http://www.eet.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=169300184

I thought Plasma may be the big loser in the FP wars but the word seems to be getting out. the expense of bulbs and the issues with DLP and LCD cannot be hidden much longer from the gen public.

DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
It's too bad that the half life is around 5 years.

I'd rather replace a lamp than an entire display.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
HAlf a PLasma is worth more then a DEAD DLP....

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
"High-quality plasma panels such as Hitachi, Fujitsu, NEC, Sony and Panasonic average around 60,000 hours of use before they may begin to perform at around half of their original brightness (known as a half-life). Budget brand units may give consumers 20,000 to 30,000 hours of plasma panel life, so not all plasmas are created equal. However, even a 20,000-hour half-life equates to more than nine years of viewing at an average six hours per day. Remember too that the half-life is not the usable life -- it is simply the point at which the user may need to adjust brightness or contrast to maintain picture quality".

http://rd.domain.com.au/hsdepot.cl?&PT=rdr&catID=7&comID=1&advID=34

SO much for your misinformation.

Thats the issue with you fan-boys. You will twist and mis-inform to justify your position and purchase even if blatently false.

I read the information take it for what it is whether its the ton of issues on this board with LCD and DLP or other sources.

DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
I just read FYI's response to you.

Looks like you're the one twisting words and trying to misinform to justify your position.

I haven't seen any posts about dead DLPs.
I've seen tons of posts about dead CRTs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
I challenge anyone to read FYIs post and claim I twisted his words LOL,

YOu have no credibility as I have proven your 5 year theory wrong, You guys are so "excited" by your DLPs you make crap up to rationalize your idiocy!!!!

Even if you watched a low end Plasma 24 hours a day it would take 6 YEARS to reach half life.....

How many bulbs will you replace in your DLP in that time?

No Credibility, bongboy
Unregistered guest
DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:52 am:

From the article, here is a statement that counters everything you have been saying!

"For now, because they're (micro-displays) priced at a "sweet spot" between CRT-based RPTVs and flat-panel LCD and plasma sets, the market is hot, there's plenty of competition, and quality and performance are high."

The only thing that will cause a drop in quality and performance is this statement, which by the way, was the death of CRT.

"But once flat-panel prices fall to within striking distance, the RPTV microdisplay market will become price-driven, regardless of technology, and quality and performance will drop."

I'll leave you with this from the article.

"the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over......manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity."

Price driven forces have brought about the death of CRT, and with it, your argument to purchase one of any decent quality.

Unfortunately, the same forces are predicted to trigger the demise in quality of any popular display technology and I don't see how plasma could be excluded.

RE:
http://www.guidetohometheater.com/michaelfremer/805mf/

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
No your are wromg (As usual) and misunderstand his point

He says "As I pointed out in this column recently, the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over. Even if you're smart enough to want one, and you're willing to pay for it,

cheap is a reference to price NOT quality. The implication is a smart person would want one but manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity.

Because people are all caught up in the allflash no substance of fixed pixel which has NO reliability track record and a lot of issues. Ignorant geeks are driving the market...go figure.

Broken Record bongboy
Unregistered guest
DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:52 am:

From the article, here is a statement that counters everything you have been saying!

"For now, because they're (micro-displays) priced at a "sweet spot" between CRT-based RPTVs and flat-panel LCD and plasma sets, the market is hot, there's plenty of competition, and quality and performance are high."

The only thing that will cause a drop in quality and performance is this statement, which by the way, was the death of CRT.

"But once flat-panel prices fall to within striking distance, the RPTV microdisplay market will become price-driven, regardless of technology, and quality and performance will drop."

I'll leave you with this from the article.

"the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over......manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity."

Price driven forces have brought about the death of CRT, and with it, your argument to purchase one of any decent quality.

Unfortunately, the same forces are predicted to trigger the demise in quality of any popular display technology and I don't see how plasma could be excluded.

RE:
http://www.guidetohometheater.com/michaelfremer/805mf/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us