Dose any body have RJ Technology DVD Player?

I am thinking to replace my DVD player with RJ Technology RJ3600 Progressive Scan DVD Player.
Is anybody here using this one?
Any advices please?

Thanks!

bigb
I own one and I absolutely love it!! It plays everything I put in and I just sit back and enjoy the show. Plus, I got a great bargin on Yahoo Auction which is far less than what other retail/online places are charging.

I also own one, bought in on Ebay. However, it broke (won't even load or unload) about 6 weeks after I received it.

RJ Tech doesn't have a website, can't find them by phone using their address on the manual, manual is in broken english, etc.

Looks like a cheap operation with no support, and suspect quality you'll regret, as I do. Please forward this to all interested parties to prevent suppliers from acting this way!

Anonymous
the website is www.rjtech.net

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE OPINIONS ABOUT THE RJTECH EQUIPMENT.
IF YOU HAVE ONE, PLEASE, WRITE TO MY E-MAIL.
THANKS

Alex
I just got one at ebay. It works and looks great. I like the music reproduction of regular cds - just amaizing. With prologic is is really good (almost like SACD and DVD-A) - I like it much more in pro-logic music mode than my Pioneer dv-47ai in the Stereo with upscailing, somehow, so far - but these are the first impressions. I use 5.1 out with SONY preamp. The progressive out via vga on my Philips 55'' TV appears too soft on some dvds (compared to Pioneer), while on others (Star Wars II) the sharpness is adequate, but I need to look at it as I did not readjust my TV settings. Colors are very good and one could leave with it (if not spoiled by the sharpness of other players) So, the $1200 Pioneer is by far superior to my taste. Note that RJ3600 uses the ESS chipset with no chroma bug - which though is not an issue to me (I hunted for this bug for a few months and never saw it, I got an impression form others too that if your screen is under 60" you never see it). The HDCD payback is also great. I did not try digital out. With internal DD-decoder (the manual says there is not DTS 5.1 out) it is OK, though it has not volume levels for channels, but has delay adjustments. I got it for about $100 and very happy to have is as a second player. Played well some of my dvds that my other player refused to play.

Jim
I've got one of these bad boys too. I really liked it a lot until it broke a few months after I purchased it. It was awesome while it lasted... I thought I just had a lemon until I read the other post with a similar experience. I paid about 100.00 for mine on eBay. It was new in the box.

It's alsmost as if the power switch, transformer or something went out. It kind of acted up before going completely dead. I would have to push the power button on and off a couple of times to get it come on and then one day it died completely. I've been unable to get any support on it.

Aaron
I have gon through three of them in the last six months. The person on ebay will not warrenty them anymore saying it is due to a "Dirty Power Source". Same thing happened to me that happened to Jim. Just started playing up, continualy getting worse untill it would not even turn on anymore. All three went the same way. A humming through the tv was the first sign of problem in all three before the problem got serious.

If you need any technical supports about RJ Products you may contact our toll free # (877)845-8943 or write email to us rjtech@rjtech.net

Anonymous
I had a power problem with my RJ unit. Just like previous owners mentioned. Having an Electronics background, Found bad Capacitor 1200uf on the power supply. Works great.

great info i'm having the same problem where is this capacitor 1200 uf??

Anonymous
Sorry, Gave wrong info on Part. Should be 1000uF(Micro Farad)not 1200uf. My RJTech model is RJ2800. The capacitor is labled as EC10. If facing front of the unit with the cover off, locate the three white connections on the front of the board, should see the cap at about an inch back on the power supply. After inspection I first notice this part was bad, because the top was swollen. Good luck.

I can't find my manual for my RJ3600 and can't set the password because I don't know what the default is. Will someone please give me this info? I never set a password so I am assuming there is a default one. The player has worked great for me otherwise.

Rob P
Just wondering if anyone has come accross any universal remote control codes for their DVD/Karoake players.

Thanks!!!

I am having the same problem as many of the RJ2800 users. my dvd player is starting

to go out on me and i have to push power on/off several times to get it going - i opened the dvd player and could locate the ec 10 (1000 muF capacitor) and it also shows the cap swollen.
how much effort is it to change the 1000 muF Capacitor, where shall I go to get it fixed and how much is it ? any help highly appreciated thanks !
mo

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with the RJ Technical HT1001-A4 Home theatre in a box with 5.1 and built in karaoke.
Is it available in the UK and what is the price?
Thanks Dave

Anonymous
I replaced the 1000uF capacitor on my RJ3600 and it works great. Thanks for the info. The only one I could find from radio shack was a little big but it still fit. Does anyone else have a problem with the mic volume. With the mic is set to 20 (Max) I have to keep the music volume down between 1-3 to hear the mic. After turning the stereo volume up excessively I hear a lot of hiss which I would expect with such a high gain. I have tried two different kinds of mics with the same result.
Thanks, Greg

Username: Farm

Post Number: 1
RJ3600 DVD PRODUCT REVIEW AND LINKS BELOW
Rj 3600 Does anyone have any hack available.
Will pay $ for help.
We want to change the screen saver.
Macrovision off etc.
Universal remote codes would be nice too!
We have tested the player for some time & like it.
We are planning on purchasing several to install in the pleasure craft we build as they have all the features we need and VGA out to hook directly to the gas plasma displays installed.
The function & control explanations in the manual and on screen menu are difficult but eventually learnable. The obtrusive RJTECH LOGO that lites up the screen and screen saver looks too much like a huge cheesy ad for them. This doesn't add to the quality look of a high end vessel. OTHER THAN THAT IT IS THE BEST PLAYER TESTED SO FAR (out of 11)THAT HAVE VGA out, karaoke,
progressive, mutiregion , multi format ac3 & dts decoder digital and analog out,(scart out, useless to me)etc. It plays basically everything even flawed edit dvd's like Gladiator that locks or skips frames in many players.
The build of the unit is above average with good loader and thick aluminum face plate.
RJTECH HAS A FULL SERVICE REP IN LOS ANGLES CA.
I have spoken at length with the manufacturer and this model is being replaced by the 3900 & 4000 (both no VGA out) also this was talk of a new model coming out 3700M (inside info from Kevin Fang)in early 2004 with VGA out . No specs so far. The 3600 model are actually rising in price as the supply shortens (September 2003 average online & ebay Sub-$100, December $129 and hard to find in stock unless you pay overprice seller $149 or more. gifthotbuys.com said they might get a few more in later. Or ebay seller Kevin Fang might be able to fix you up. His e-mail is > b2ktech@yahoo.com He is good to work with.
I believe that the manufacturer is reducing or stopping production of this model due to cost to produce this quality build unit in a current market trend towards $50 to $90 wallmart quality players (junk)and POSSIBLY the dirty power bug mentioned below (easy fix).

The only other player with these features that tested better was the SKYWORTH 1050 (supports 1080i resolution)but twice the money and no authorized service or reps in the USA. This player is mail order only from Japan.

I WILL PAY FOR HACKS TO FIX THE MINOR SHORT COMINGS MENTIONED ABOVE $.

PS> EVERY ONE OWES THANKS TO THE PERSON THAT POSTED THE POWER SUPPLY FIX AT THIS SITE >
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/1553.html
(It will be a salvation for us as units apparently fall prey to dirty power easily)> We will be testing the unit for power supply variation tolerance soon but so far no problem.(Will post results after finished testing).
Thanks August S. E-MAIL ME AT: farm@bigvalley.net
Key words: rjtech rj tech rjtech3600 rj3600
rj-3600 2600 2400 2700 dvd player

Anonymous

I have a question is a RJ 4000 recognize the subtitles compatibile with DIVX movies , please help

Username: Modini

Hi everybody

I need help with my rj 4000 player.
I bought it to play my 3.11 encoded movied but 90% of the movies frooze on me at some point, and no fast forward or rewined.
the manufacturer at rjtech.net did not answer my emails and in his firmware update section only one file written in chinese or japanese, i do not know.
At video2dvd sight were i bought the player they sent me a firmware that did not change anything, the movies still freeze at the same point and no fast forward or rewined.

I read somewhere that the problem can be solved if i use brand name cd and write at lower speeds.
I burned one of my movies on sony cd at 4X just to get frozen again at the same point as before.

Help, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.....

Username: Rod996

Hi can anybody tell me if my sony dvd player DVP 336 can be made multi region as I am unable to find any information on this . THANKS ROD email , rodjones1966@aol.com

brent esper
Unregistered guest
Folks, my 3600 did the same thing that everyone else's did. I returned it and they replaced it with a 3700. This is a slimline design, no VGA out (a slight disappointment) and no headphone jack. In every other way it seems superior to the RJ 3600. Here is the company info:
RJ Technology Inc.

580 W Lambert Rd.

Brea, Ca 92821

Tel: (714) 5299188

Fax: (714) 5299288

E-mail: rjtech@rjtech.net

Papik
Unregistered guest
About Rj Tech 4000 Divx... player. Sorry my English is weak becouse I am from Poland. My question: Is possible to upload to Rj Tech 4000 player from PC (AllPlayer, Vplayer or other)???. Becouse I want to read subtitles from *.txt. I hope You help me. I am waiting for answer. Thank You!!!

Anonymous

About Rj Tech 4000 Divx... player. Sorry my English is weak becouse I am from Poland. My question: Is possible to upload to Rj Tech 4000 player from PC (AllPlayer, Vplayer or other)???. Becouse I want to read subtitles from *.txt. I hope You help me. I am waiting for answer. Thank You!!!

Jenny
Unregistered guest
I just got my RJ Tech 3700 yesterday, and the aspect ratio is not working. We went to their site and even downloaded the firmware to correct the problem (apparently they know about this little problem, but instead stop selling this model and correct the problem first, they thought they would just have the firmware and hope for the best?!), but it is still not working! So far, I am not at all impressed with their business practice, and will think twice before getting anything from RJ Tech. We've written to them to see what they can do.

Jenny
Unregistered guest
Re-Downloaded the firmware upgrade (using PC instead of ibook) and the aspect ratio is now fixed.

Unregistered guest
I bought my RJ2800 in July last year. I only use it for private karaoke parties and it has only been used about 30 times. The face of the player has completely stopped working. The buttons never did all function. I always had to use the remote to change tracks & pitch, but the power, open/close buttons & display window "did" work. I turned it on today to test a disc I had resurfaced and the whole face is not functioning including the display window. It will still play the disc via remote, but I need the display window when I'm hosting karaoke because I can't always see the monitor to see if I have the right track playing. Has anyone here had this problem?

jjrueb
Unregistered guest
The features of the RJ3600 player are great, I loved it for about 4 weeks. Now, unfortunately I had 6 players in total (!) and all of these broke down. 15 months later I still do not have a working player and have given up.... When I asked the question to their Customer Care: "what would you do if you were me" he answered "I would probably go to court". Also he said: "We cannot afford postage on return shipment of all players that break down"

Added up:
- 15 months
- 6 players
- paid return shipping myself 3 times
- Lost 2 DVD's stuck in the player
So in total over $200.... these guys are lucky I do not live in California or have the time to visit.

Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of getting the rj 1200, as these other models don't seem to work out, I havn't seen a post for this one. Any news on it, good or bad? The price they are selling is $65, is this ok? I'm interested in watching my brit flicks on it, as my pioneer does not do region 2, and this says it plays all 6 regions. Does it play all 6? Thanks!

Kia

Anonymous

I've just purchased a RJ-1500DVX for my Asian wife who loves Karaoke. When we plugged in the microphone, no go. I went to the manual and followed the directions for Karaoke Set Up - only thing is that Karaoke Setup wasn't found after Audio Setup as described in the manual. Went to www.rjtech.net and looked at their FAQ section. GREAT! Last question is on what happens when there is no microphone sound - turn up the Echo and mic volume - still no go.

Can anybody help?

Anonymous

Hi Guys has anyone her purchased the RJ 680f Car shaped portable DVD I am lloking to buy one any help appreciaTED

Anonymous

I want to know if the surround output on the RJ3700 is actual Dolby Digital decoded or if the player just makes up some virtual channels from the regular stereo channels like other players do. Thanks.

Anonymous

i want to know the so called professional microphone of rjtech. does anyone know the specification of this pro mic. such as frequency, impedance and sensitivity. i called them. they even don't know.

Anonymous

I purchased the rj3900, but I can not get the mics to work (tried the supplied mics with another player..and they are fine). I do have it in karaoke mode..and mics are turned up all the way
..any suggestions, do I need to change setting?.I did follow the manual.

Anonymous

Regarding to RJ3900 karaoke issue, if you can't get it work, please check the below steps and it should work properly.

1.Make sure that you turn on "Mic On" which is in the front of the pnel. Turn to "Karaoke Mode"

2.Make sure to turn on the Mic Volume button, which is infront of the panel.

3.Make sure to press the "Echo+" on the remote
to level 10, you may adjust the echo sound to the level you like later on. This function is in the Up and Down cursor of the remote control.

Anonymous

The surround sound of RJ3700 is actual Dolby Digital and DTS decoder

Anonymous

Would be nice if there web site wasnt done by an ie junkie

Anonymous

I have the RJ-3700 and it's great. It plays everything it says it does and more :-)

dmikou
Unregistered guest
I have the same experience as jjrueb. I've bought 3900 in may this year. It played 2 months and stop to work with stucking in my disk. I sent it back. The next one worked another 2 months and then started to show "no disk" on any media which I tried to insert. As the 3 months past from the original day of purchase I sent it to RJTech. Yesterday I received the next one (with the different box number) with the upper panel which does not stuck right to the box.

Kay
Unregistered guest
dmikou, I had the same problem. I purchased mine from an ebay dealer. When it arrived, the top panel was over the dvd player. I know what you mean, I took it apart and fix it. I felt it was fault for ordering it and not going out to directly purchasing one. Now the damn remote just stopped working, and without a remote, the thing is useless;some buttons on the remote is not on the dvd player. (RJ3900 DVD player) It seems as it's just problem after problem.

cespinos
Unregistered guest
Does anybody have the Time/CD+G Tracking - Upgrade for the RJ-2800? It's not on the website anymore, and that time/tracking is annoying.

Username: Gg_green

Has anyone found any universal remote control to replace the one come with their RJ DVD/Karoake players (especially rj3600)?
I have got 2 remote controls from the company and both of them stopped working after 2-3 month. I'd rather to get a universal one which is likely more reliable than theirs.
Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us