Tax Holiday - DLP,LCD,LCOS

Username: Dkdeco

Post Number: 1
Next weekend in MA we have a tax holiday for items up to 2,500. I have had a 4:3 Non HD 50" Toshiba for several years and have had no problems. I want to move to HD and 16:9 in the 52-60 inch range. I know this is a heated topic, but I will not do any gaming on the TV, Just DVDs and HD programming (some sports) There are Mits DLPs and Sony LCDs that with current sales would fall at or just under 2,500. The JVC DLA is just over 2500. Any advice??? Thanks

dave d
Unregistered guest
I decided on DLP. Either Samsung HLR5067W or Mits
Wd52725. Both are on sale a Tweeter for 2499.00 what is a better prodoct/value?

Bronze Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 20
Read these boards carefully. I was in your position and decided to replace my older 52" Toshiba with a new RPCRT in HD. NO resolution issues, GREAT picture. Especially if you are not gaming. Why bother with the issues of the still being tested technologies.

For about $1500 you can get a GREAT RPTV. Put the rest in the bank and in a few years when there is actual worthy HD content AND there is a clear and PROVEN winner in technology arena for around $1000-$1500 you will be able to buy a digital TV and HAVE BOTH for the same money you will spend today.

Think long and hard and read alot of the issues in the forums before you jump in that briar patch.

bonghater
Unregistered guest
Broken fvck'n record...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Just tryin to save another from jumping inot the fray with closed eyes and a full wallet for the wow factor that goes away long before the payments end and or another few hundred has to be coughed up for a frigging bulb......

Yeah go ahead hater...Feel free to pay for the R&D that will will make it way less expensive for me to get a digital TV when they are worthy. I thank you for that and for being one of those rare beta testers who have to pay to do so...just to be the first on the block to have something you hope others will want...but will smartly wait instead until the bugs are worked out and will save a ton in the mean time, only to enjoy a BETTER product at half the cost when they are ready...

By then your the "old" digital TV should be almost paid off....

bonghater
Unregistered guest
Broken fvck'n record...

Hateful Smurf
Unregistered guest
Yep, the guy is totally full of crap. I guess he's had trouble finding anyplace to share his love of piece of $hit CRTs from the last millenium so he comes here for a little attention. I'm guessing such forums would be in AOL bulletin boards or something equally archaic. Or possibly encoded in personal ads in the Village Voice.

His statement about digital Tvs is especially amusing, it's going to be pretty funny when his analog band dissappears from over the air broadcast. I can't see him having anything as "bleeding edge" as cable or satellite. One day he'll turn on his steam driven CRT monolith and find nothing but static and he'll scream about how he's not ready to go digital because the R$D costs are not yet fully paid off.

Freaking retard.

HS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
And on that day I will be able to buy a digital TV that actually works awhile. Incidently with MUCH better technology than you have paid for for less then half the price and 1/4 of the price those paid a couple years ago.

When they turn off the analog signal you can bet there will be digital recievers that are actually worth the money as well there will actually be content worth paying the premium for.

No no You are paying for the R&D costs and I am greatful for that. My message is to those who think they are "missing" something TODAY by not spending $3K on a "not ready for primetime" technology.

I actually like those who have to be "the first on the block" and on the bleeding edge of new technology..... In fact without those morons there would be no beta testers for any new technology.

Yeah in 2009 or later (and Im betting later) whatever the government will finally get the broadcasters to turn off the analog feeds. By that time digital TVs will be MUCH better then they are now and cost way less.

Like PCs and notebooks Those who have to have the latest and greatest (even though the applications are designed for 2 year old technology) pay through the nose while others wait and use what they have.

I will bet in three years I will be able to buy a digital 52" TV for less then $1000...pick the format and still have a nice HD RPCRT as well while you are writing out checks to VIsa making your final payments on what will then be ancient technology.

I thank you for that. Keep spending and beta testing.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 201
Any new set is a beta test, even a new CRT.
All technologies have their own quirks.

Older CRT's were made better. Back then, quality mattered.
Newer CRT's are cheaply manufactured with only money making in mind. They don't last.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
NOt true. The DLP technology is new. The REFINEMENTS over the years are not beta anymore. Once they get the engine where they want it. ONly refinements to follow. So far there are still issues with the initial technology and the evidance is the cahnges they are making to the basic technology.

When they get to a point where they are in refinement mode and the central technology is proven it will be a good time to jump in and the costs will be alot less becasue the R&D will not be so involved in generational technological issues.

CRTs last as long as ever because they are an OLD technoogy with new refinements. The manufacturing processes are as streamlined as they can get. There is virtually no R&D beside small refinements. You do not read the same number of issues regarding direct view or CRTS onm this board as you do with the digital sets even though there are many more CRTs out there.

Purists rightfully still believe CRT is the best way to watch HD content. Television studios have NOT switched to flat panel displays and will not soon. Go figure.

The rational to spend $3k on a digital TV that CRTs do not last as long today is flawed and reeks of ignorance of factual technical research.

I will bet in 10 years you will have to pay dearly for a CRT PC monitor over an LCD.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 204
Your comments are the only thing that reeks of ignorance on this forum.

Television studios made an investment in displays that were state of the art when aquired. They have paid for themselves and still work, making their replacement not economically justifiable until they fail.

CRT's are cheaper today for one reason and one reason only. They are on their way out. In ten years they will be unavailable. Parts to sustain them will diminish too. Buy your relic quickly so you too will have a boat anchor in the near future.

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 96
ok confused

isn't crt, lcd, dlp, lcos, display technologys? what is digital about light reflecting of mirros thru spinning colored wheels of dlp and what is not digital of light be blasted thru gas like crt?

so isn't a hd crt digital, they have digital DVI or HDMI connections!!!!!! That is a digital connection??????

is the process of the whole thing u have a source that is recorded at a native res (420p dvd's),(720p HDtv) that is sent thru the outputs analog s'video,composite or component, or digital thru dvi or hdmi, then to inputs of a display that excepts the same connections analogy or digital, then is scaled by the dispalys scalers to its native resoulution which general 720p for dlp,lcd,lcos and 1080i or higher with some purhaps 720p for rp CRT.

So would the best possible solution be to have fewer upscaling to downscaling back to upscalings as possible.

How is RPCRT not digital?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
The near future is still 4 years away. At that time there may be enough quality HD content and the technology of the digital TV will be 3X better then today and perhaps half the cost.

All I am saying is for those who need TV TODAY. It is my (and an alternative opinion obviously) to buy a RPCRT and wait four years or more (until the government mandates are actually in effect), then BUY a digital when it will be way less expensive, the myriad of issues are worked out, AND there is clearly enough content that supports it.

In the mean time CRTs are hardly terrible products as you would have them believe. The ultimate cost would be the same or even less for BOTH.

NBC can afford to replace all their crt monitors and I am here to say they ARE replaceing the bad ones STILL with brand new CRTS........go figure.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
also who is so digital about new cable anyway, Don't recall having to update to optical, dvi or any other digital means from the lines in my house to the utility pole, U mean to tell me the same ancient sd cables lines are capable of digital info

Purhaps just nieve just woundering,

also is firewire faster the dvi transfering data?

Silver Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 115
Putting it simply, CRT RP can not match the sharp, vivid picture of microdisplays. Convergence, burn-in, limited viewing area. You can keep CRT RP technology!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Putting it very simply..CRT still kicks in the SD arena, Price, value, BLack levels, reliability, ongoing costs, And viewing area?

Im guessing you watch all your TV shows distorted and stretched!!OH and SD TV sucks on all fixed pixel TVs and there is a whole lot of SD TV out there and will be for a long while.

gnob mot
Unregistered guest
SD is on it's way out.

Networks are broadcasting EDTV full time.
They offer true HD during primetime.
Folks with digital tuners are watching very little SD by choice.

This guy is living in the past.
He wants you to make an obsolete investment based on an obsolete broadcast technology.

What a complete idiot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
NETWORKS? When have you found quality Netowrk TV?

SO you want to see the pimples on the Amercan Idol Cotestants? OK!

Broadcasting SD generated content in ED is akin to polishing a turd. As a percentage of total Content available especially QUALITY content EDTV transmission not to mention actual content is a very small percentage and will be for the next few years at least.

Those who are glued to the networks now were poo poo network content only a few years ago. Now they are glued to Jeopardy and Fear Factor..Thats pretty funny. Kinda like classical Audiophiles suddenly suffering through to Bon Jovi because its in 124bit 1200Khz resolution LOL

No Credibility, tom
Unregistered guest
Rant, rant, rant....

You're simply not believable!

You still can't compose or proofread, either.

Foolish ignorance is not sellable.

CRT's suck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
"Foolish ignorance is not sellable".

SO you say......

Samsung would disagree....LOL

No Credibility, bong
Unregistered guest
Still hang'n around, troll?

You have done more to display your ignorance than anyone I've ever seen on this forum.

How old are you? 14?
That appears to be your level of education.

Go away, bonghead!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Yeah Im hanging around and not going anywhere. SOMEBODY has to educate those who are about to waste thousands of dollars.....Call me what you want.

I have the alternate voice here and its not popular. So be it, Pass my posts and enjoy your DLP!!!

But you can't can you? Wonder why?

No Credibility, bong
Unregistered guest
Is dinner over?

I see the CRT zealot has returned.

CRT's suck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
ok confused

isn't crt, lcd, dlp, lcos, display technologys? what is digital about light reflecting of mirros thru spinning colored wheels of dlp and what is not digital of light be blasted thru gas like crt?

so isn't a hd crt digital, they have digital DVI or HDMI connections!!!!!! That is a digital connection??????

is the process of the whole thing u have a source that is recorded at a native res (420p dvd's),(720p HDtv) that is sent thru the outputs analog s'video,composite or component, or digital thru dvi or hdmi, then to inputs of a display that excepts the same connections analogy or digital, then is scaled by the dispalys scalers to its native resoulution which general 720p for dlp,lcd,lcos and 1080i or higher with some purhaps 720p for rp CRT.

So would the best possible solution be to have fewer upscaling to downscaling back to upscalings as possible.

How is RPCRT not digital?

LOL repost

nobody offered any clarification

If done some research

this is a note on crutchfield web site of plasma

Pros: screen's phosphor coating creates lifelike color that is closest to conventional tube TVs

So again i ask the questions

The only benefit i see if lcd plasma and dlp

is space and weight, and viewing angles.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
They are all digital in that they can recieve and convert the Digital TV signal either to analog CRT or the mess they call DLP with millions of little mirrors on hinges reflecting light through a spinning color wheel. Some call that digital even though its extremely mechanical in nature.

The ONLY advantage of DLP LCD and PLasma is space. The sharper picture, extreme bright unrealistic colors some may find better but the technology is in it's infancy and has no long term reliability numbers. The short term numbers seem to be terrible if you read these forums..

CRT technology is still king of the best and most realistic Picture. Hence why the Major studios are buying CRTs to replace their CRTs. People want the wow factor. IN NO store do you see a standard digital TV picture represented. Ask why? Yet there is more Standard digital TV then HD content by a 10 or more to one margin and will be for a long time to come. IN 2009 all broadcasters must broadcast in digital BUT NOT HD. big difference.

Look at standard TV on your satellite...Thats the digital TV the FCC is mandating. NOT HD which will cost a premium and can only be appreciated on a HD TV.

No Credibility, bong
Unregistered guest
Wrong again, bongo.
Every time you type you reveal your stupidity.

The FCC isn't mandating digital mpeg sat compression by 2009.
The FCC has already mandated that broadcasters using the VHF spectrum for transmission must also transmit the same content in a digital ATSC format by Jan. 2005, which has past. Broadcasters not in compliance have asked for 6 month extentions to avoid fines. Congress hasn't past the bill that would push out the abandonment of the VHF spectrum and may not.

CRT isn't king of anything. Large screen CRT produces a really noisy picture. There is no greater reliability in CRT technology than any other display technology, period.

Fixed pixel displays are sharper and clearer, especially in larger displays. They weigh less and take up less space. Colors are very realistic and color wheels have a record of producing exact color registration. User controls can adjust for any over-driven parameters.

Micro-displays are very popular and the majority of owners enjoy trouble-free operation. Forums tend to be a magnet for those few who experience production issues or need assistance with feature functions and user adjustments.

tom bong's rhetoric is a repetative fool's rant.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
FC is mandating all digital signal. NOT sat. I used SAt as an example of crappy digital images on standard TV, DIgital broadcast is not the panacea.

It does not matter!! The digital broadcast signals will still be broadcasting Low definition TV!!!! Like satellite is already doing. You can polish a turd, but it still is a turd. NO one is mandating HD content.

Your own ignorance is revealed when you claim CRT technology is not more reliable.LOL the BULB burnout alone disproves that statement. Yes I consider a TV that goes dark at in opportune times unreliable regrdless of the technology. I consider spending $300 every year or two for bulbs unreliable, That does not even take into consideration the host of issues you are reading here from those who have had their FP displays for less then two years!!!

I challenge anyone to read the CRT forum. You will find many many issues...BUT they will be on OLD TVs 7-10 years old!!! Now tell me which is more reliable. Forums tend to be a magnet for issues? THen is the CRT form NOT so?

Your logic as always escapes me but your argument is plainly foolish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
it true that the fcc is pushing out analog singal

but still broadcast station only have to push 480i that is the min to be consider digital. That is dvd quality.

Why are bulp so expensive it would seam by know that the process of making a light bulb has been perfected regarldless of the size and shape ;)

lol and i notice no comment on the note from crutchfield about plasma ;)

To Grizzly
Unregistered guest
"it true that the fcc is pushing out analog singal"

Actually, the FCC is not in favor of the bill to extend the use of the VHF spectrum until 2009. The FCC has more to gain by auctioning the VHF band to cell phone operators, sooner rather than later.

Do your homework.

Broadcasters will transmit the content format, whatever it is. That includes all HD content of many primetime programs and sporting events. They are not in the business of getting by with 480I.

Here is an excellent document about the evolution of the projector lamp.

http://www.cherrywood-av.co.uk/guides/Lamps.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
The FCC will lose that battle, It will be 2009 before and even if sooner the signal is still 480P...Not exactly High Definition and that standard broadcast picture will STILL look like crap when upconverted to 720P and up.

I can't believe you think when DTV is broacast all will change. The people who are getting Sat and cable now already have those 480P standard TV signals and they look terrible on the FP displays. Its only the off air folks that will be affected.

There is no gov mandate for 720P or 1080i content.

It will be a long time (at least in technical terms of 4 years before there may be enough content in HD to make those TVs worthwhile. ANd the TVs will have true reliability figures be much less expensive and technologically twice as good as they are today which is not all that great.

To tom
Unregistered guest
You are simply wrong.

If you had an ATSC tuner on that plasma you would not say such foolishness.

You would see that more and more HD content is being added every day.

Digital cable and sat is not really digital EDTV unless an ATSC tuner can see it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Im guessing my cable box has the ATSC tuner to get the HD channels. I get the network HD broadcasts.
There is not a whole lot of EDTV in relation to standard which I watch more of right now.It looks worse then my old 480i CRT. That really irks me.

But someday it will all be EDTV and the FP TVs will be half the cost and have twice the reliability, When that day comes in three or four years it may be worth jumping in.

For now I have to reccommend to those on the fence steer clear unless you just have to see the pimple on the American Idols face in all it's colors and resolution.

To tom
Unregistered guest
"Im guessing my cable box has the ATSC tuner to get the HD channels."

I'm afraid not. You have been watching an analog conversion of network channels, which is most definitely not EDTV.

So, having never seen EDTV or widescreen HD from EDTV, you have no idea what you're missing.

There is no ATSC tuner in your cable box!
You can call them and confirm if you want, but there simply isn't.

You can buy an external ATSC tuner or buy a new set with an internal ATSC tuner or CableCard, but you have certainly been missing a large amout of crisp, clear, content.

Is your plasma a widescreen?

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
I have an HD/DVR and recieve HD broadcasts. I don't need an external tuner. What don't you understand. I Have seen it all. I have the HD tier for $4 something extra. Yes its 16:9.

Its nice but not worth $3000 and the issues with the FP TVs thats all Im saying. It will be in a few years. I like the HD and it will look great on a rear proj HD TV for $1200.

I don't think DLPs and RPLCD are ready until they can last as long as a CRT without issues. And the bulbs are not like the ink in printers. $200 for a bulb? NO R&D costs to recoup there. They have been making proj bulbs for over 50 years!!! Just a rip off to the unsuspecting. No thanks. CRT GUNs are cheaper over a 10 year period LOL

Dennis in Barksdale
Unregistered guest
There are some really nice FP displays for $1200 that are brighter, sharper, and much clearer that any analog CRT.

You talk about lamps like your some kind of expert, but you dont know sh!t. Your experience is limited to reading these forums. The Panasonic 13 thread isn't everybody's experience when it comes to lamps.

CRT's roll off the assembly line DOA just like any other mass produced electronic device. There is no special quality to CRT technology.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Show us a $1200 FP display that will last as long as a CRT....YOu can't since FP displays have not been around as long.

But alas....
According not just this forum but AVS and many more. The CRT issues are usually noted after many many years of service by users trying to squeeze a few more years. The FP issues are happening within the first couple years. Both examples are readily read on any of these boards.

Its not just the PAnny lamps or that thread where I am gettng the sense that lamps are prematurely burning out. The manufacturers are lowering their hour numbers as well. Go figure!!

Username: Shaned

Post Number: 3
It seems to me that there are only 2 types of people in forums such as this. The first one is the guy trying to figure out what to buy and what are the problems with the model you want. The second is the guy that already bought the tv and is now having nothing but problems with it and is looking for help.

I dont know about you but if I bought a tv and was happy with it and had no problems, I wouldnt be wasting my time looking in these forums. I totally agree with Tom Bong, I want an lcd bad it looks great BUT until i started reading about all the problems here mainly bulb replacement, (which they dont tell you about at the store nor do they cover it with extended warranty), I had no idea lcd's had so many problems and guess who I learned this from? LCD owners. I, like Tom, wish there wasnt so many problems with LCDs, I may have to go with a CRT because i dont want to spend $3000 then sit and wonder when the bulb will burn out. The big tip off to me was when I found out that no extended warranties cover the bulb. And this CRAP about shutting off the analog stream is so stupid, So what your saying is the millions of people with CRT's wont be able to watch tv in a few years and only you select few with the latest technology will be safe? Thats the type of bullshit argument you use on your wife or girlfriend or MOM, to justify the $3000. Im not buying it. Like tom said there will be converters or recievers to handle it. I have not seen Tom BASH LCD the way LCD owners bash CRT. Do you LCD owners feel that worried that you made a mistake like I almost did, when you bought your LCD? Tom is just pointing out the facts not bashing LCD, Im sure I read a post where he would like to have one if it was more reliable as I would.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
THanks Shane for seeing through the insanity of those calling me all kinds of names in defense of their need to promote an obviously flawed technology. NOt flawed in Vision (I woiuld like to have one) But in every other area including price, ongoing coats, reliability, quality of Standard TV broadcasts, (DTV or not), Amount and quality of EDTV and HD content.

My words are for guys like you who are on the fence. I implore you NOT to believe me. Read the forums and you will se there are only two kinds of posts enmass. Those looking and those with issues.
This is eyeoopening to those especially who belong to a few user interest types of fourms where there are more happy owners discussing merits of a product then issues.

The rationalization the only the unhappy complain on these forums is real but as evidanced by the CRT forum THAT unhappiness is coming alot earlier with the Fixed Pixel 2X as expensive TVs rather then the CRTs which have issues as well AFTER amny many years of service. IN other user interest forums this is the case as well. The issues being asked about are on older equiptment, not "out of the box."

Whenever I read a post in support of my opinion I am greatful I may have played a small part in saving a lot of grief and money for another who will eventually enjoy the picture for many years so many are enjoying to day for six months to two years........... apparently.

DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Shane,

Go buy your relic CRT.
Enjoy the fuzzy picture and the bad viewing angles.
Don't get a hernia moving that cow around.
Be prepared for expensive convergence repairs and cooling fluid replacement.
Watch out for heat sink issues causing the hour glass effect.

Good luck finding parts as the technology sunsets!

You must be tom's best friend! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
YEah right expensive repaires and cooling fluid replcaement...Where do you get this stuff? I have had RPCRTSand FVPCRT for years and NEVER had to replace any fluid...LOL

NOr have I needed any expensive convergance repairs. (BTW A convergance repair cost much less then your DLP bulbs which You DO NEED)

HEatsink issues? Quite a leap...I have not read of these issues on the CRT forum or even here which is a RPCRT forum...Hmmm there are not many RPCRT issues in this forum either. Where are all your issues? IF only the people with issues tend to post WHERE ARE THEY EIENSTEIN???

PArts? CRTS rarely need parts...you are confusing tecnologies again fan-boy

C

No Credibility, bongboy
Unregistered guest
DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:52 am:

From the article, here is a statement that counters everything you have been saying!

"For now, because they're (micro-displays) priced at a "sweet spot" between CRT-based RPTVs and flat-panel LCD and plasma sets, the market is hot, there's plenty of competition, and quality and performance are high."

The only thing that will cause a drop in quality and performance is this statement, which by the way, was the death of CRT.

"But once flat-panel prices fall to within striking distance, the RPTV microdisplay market will become price-driven, regardless of technology, and quality and performance will drop."

I'll leave you with this from the article.

"the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over......manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity."

Price driven forces have brought about the death of CRT, and with it, your argument to purchase one of any decent quality.

Unfortunately, the same forces are predicted to trigger the demise in quality of any popular display technology and I don't see how plasma could be excluded.

RE:
http://www.guidetohometheater.com/michaelfremer/805mf/

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
No your are wromg (As usual) and misunderstand his point

He says "As I pointed out in this column recently, the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over. Even if you're smart enough to want one, and you're willing to pay for it,

cheap is a reference to price NOT quality. The implication is a smart person would want one but manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity.

Because people are all caught up in the allflash no substance of fixed pixel which has NO reliability track record and a lot of issues. Ignorant geeks are driving the market...go figure.

Broken Record bongboy
Unregistered guest
DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:52 am:

From the article, here is a statement that counters everything you have been saying!

"For now, because they're (micro-displays) priced at a "sweet spot" between CRT-based RPTVs and flat-panel LCD and plasma sets, the market is hot, there's plenty of competition, and quality and performance are high."

The only thing that will cause a drop in quality and performance is this statement, which by the way, was the death of CRT.

"But once flat-panel prices fall to within striking distance, the RPTV microdisplay market will become price-driven, regardless of technology, and quality and performance will drop."

I'll leave you with this from the article.

"the days of the deluxe, maximum-performance CRT-based RPTV are over......manufacturers can't afford to make them because only cheap CRT sets continue to sell in quantity."

Price driven forces have brought about the death of CRT, and with it, your argument to purchase one of any decent quality.

Unfortunately, the same forces are predicted to trigger the demise in quality of any popular display technology and I don't see how plasma could be excluded.

RE:
http://www.guidetohometheater.com/michaelfremer/805mf/

Username: Dkdeco

Post Number: 2
I was the starter of this thread and just wanted to inform everyone that I purchased a Mits 62725 DLP. I have had it for one week and I love it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
A whole week? I wonder how much you will love it in 8-24 months?

Glutton for punishment buying this technology now.

Good luck..hope you bought the EW.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
lol

I think i'm going to buy a 480p projector :D for under a grand and have a 100" tv :p

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 69
David, hope you like your new TV. I really like the Mitsubishi sets, but they do not make one that will fit in my cabinet. That's why I'm kind of stuck on Samsung at this point. By the way you need to ignore Bong Head. I think he's just high all the time and likes to ridicule people who don't buy what HE thinks is what others should spend their money on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Actually I think even the 50" Plasma for $2499 at COst co is a better deal then any DLP.

And with CostCo no EW needed, You can return the TV in three years for a dead pixel and get a new one.

I do think people who have done proper research and still buy DLPs or RPLCDs are foolish yes. High or sober. A polished turd is still a turd.

jackod331
Unregistered guest
Why can't we just wait and see? Bong is annoying with his doomsday DLP rhetoric. My dad has a Mits RPCRT and I just bought a Mits WD-62725 DLP.
His TV is nice but the viewing angles can get funny. No problems so far though. And my friend at work has owned a DLP for about 2 years...no bulbs replacement, no problems. No wonder Bong CRT is so great, he never watches it, instead choosing to post on here like he's doing someone a favor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us