Archive through March 10, 2005

Username: Matrikb

Danville, IN

Post Number: 1
I bought my WD-62725 a week ago, and this forum has been great in helping me get things set up!

I was having a big problem getting ANT-2 to recognize all of the digital channels in my area though. Based on what AntennaWeb.org and CheckHD.com had online, I should have a number of OTA digital channels available. The "memorize channels" function only found a few of the ones available.
My main problem was then trying to manually add digital channels to the tv. For the life of me I couldn't find a way to do that, but I had a eureka moment last night by accident more than anything else.
(I apologize if info about this has already been posted, but the Forum's search capability wasn't working last night)
Anyway, the trick was to exit any setup menus and just manually enter a variation of the digital channel while watching tv. For example, we have WISH tv on analog channel 8. It has digital channels 8-1, 8-2, 8-3 on vhf chnl 9. I entered 9- (or 9 cancel) on the remote and waited a second for the tv to change channels, and it took me to 8-1, with a clear picture! I did channel up and there were 8-2 and 8-3. Checking the antenna setup menu I saw that all 3 digitals had been auto-added to the available channels list. The reception on these channels were the same as the ones that were found in the memorize channels process.

Matt

Unregistered guest
Matt,

If I'm not mistaken...and I MIGHT be ANT-2 is only for OTA channels/external antenna?

Ant-1 is for you cable connection. It's confusing because working vertically, ant-2 is at the top of the connection terminal and ant-1 is under it..LOL

So I don't know if you can add "digital" channels to ant2. Maybe only ant1??

Don

Unregistered guest
Hey Matt,

Disregard that post! Upon further reading(manual), ant2 also receives digital content.

My mix-up was that when using the cable card slot you have to have your subscription cable connected to ant 1...which is the SECOND connector.

Sounds like you found a way to do it manually anyway!

Mine did it automatically
Don

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
I just got a WD62525 for $3808+tax+free Delivery.....did I get ripped off?

This is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Anybody has a better price and would want to mail me a copy of their receipt....10% of my savings to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbfox

Post Number: 23
I wouldn't call it "ripped off", but you definitely made the store in San Francisco happy. Sorry, I don't have a receipt for the 62525 -- my purchase was a 62725 and it was a little less than what you paid.

TheTomMan
Unregistered guest
Update on my 62725 not powering on and needing to be reset and/or unplugged. I upgraded the software and it has froze up again, 3 more times since. It also has, while I was changing channels, sent the lamp light flashing to a blank screen. Unplugging the set always fixes things up great.

I am waiting for UE to get their new 62725's in (inventory at 0 with Chapter 11) and will be replacing this one at that time.

I am starting to wonder if I am suppose to just live with this issue. The new set will help decide that decision or if I need to start researching Sony and LCD's again.

Tom

Username: Dfalfonte

This is such a great thread! I am looking at buying a 62725 here at my local Big Screen Store in Baltimore. I have been looking for a few months, and everyone I have talked to says that the 62725 is the top of the line of DLP technology in this price range. I even had a sales rep from Circuit City reccommend the 725, which they don't even carry!

I've been negotiating the price with BSS, and the best they can do for me so far is:

$3800 for tv
$500 for 5 year warranty (without bulb replacement)
$80 for delivery to my apartment
5% sales tax

He says he is not willing to negotiate unless I can find proof of an authorized mitsubishi dealer that is selling for less somewhere in the country. Can anyone help out with a receipt? What kind of deal did you get Tom Fox? Thanks for any help you can offer... I will try to make it worth your while for your trouble.

My email is dfalfonte@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot!!

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
Tom Fox how much did you pay for the 62725?

Was this in the San Francisco Area?

I have seen the prices from the Atlanta ...Dallas significantly lower than what I typically see around here. Does region make a difference on the base price? ...or may be its my negotiating skills...rather the lack of it.

Any info would be helpful.

Prad2004
Unregistered guest
Anybody in the San Francisco Bay Area who got a WD-62525 for less than $3808+Tax+Free Delivery and would want to share the receipt.

I just got the same for the above price from Fry's and they have a 30 day price protection.

I will share my savings with whoever provides me the receipt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
TomMan,

That's not good to hear. I'm having the exact same problem with my 62725. UE is scheduled to come out and upgrade the software in a week. Sometimes I'll power on, the light will be solid green, but the TV will not power up. Remote and buttons on the TV will not turn it off. System reset or unplugging fixes the problem, though. I've also had the lamp light blink for a while once, but I haven't seen that since. I don't like to hear that others are having the same problem. Did we get bad units or do they all behave this way?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Prad,

Please review this entire thread about my experience with the 62725 purchase & the deal I got. I suspect the region will make some difference, but that shouldn't affect pricematching too terribly much. Often they'll tell you that they'll only pricematch your local area, but they still want to make the sale if they know you'll buy that day.

Unregistered guest
I have the Mits 52725. I hooked up a Panasonic DVD recorder to the Mits with component cables. The cable antenna comes in to the DVD and then from the DVD to the Mits.

My problem is that I can't record anything?! What am I doing wrong?

Any and ALL help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

sean007
Unregistered guest
My 52725 reset itself twice in the last 4 days. This morning, after restting itself, I turned it back on and it power off itself. Called Mits 866# and they said it could be the cable card that I'm using. I'm on 4.04 . can it be the cable card ? Or other problem with power supply / circuit board?

Username: Koolmokool

I am not able to get the custom resolution-in-resolution tool in Powerstrip to take the computer feed on my Mits 52-725 DLP. I am running a windows box, of course, with an nVidia 6800 Ultra graphics card with dual DVI out. Like another poster here, the Mits went to a solid blue screen as soon as windows tried to load the desktop when connecting into the VGA port on the TV. However, I am able to get the TV to take the computer feed when connecting DVI out (computer) to HDMI in (TV). Then I downloaded PowerStrip to try to resolve the overscan that was pushing icons off the sides and top of the screen. However, when I use the auto-resizer and tell Powerstrip to make the settings my new default, the entire computer image shrinks to about one-quarter of the screen, rather than the corner-to-corner image I selected using the auto-resizer tool. Can anyone make any suggestions? I am starting to suspect the nVidia card, no? Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Username: Koolmokool

Post Number: 4
Nevermind -- I just figured it out. First rs-size the resolution on the PC to 1024x720, then go to PowerStrip and use the tool for creating a resolution-in-resolution. It takes on the TV. Now I have a full windows desktop at 720p with all items properly fiting on my 52" DLP. Kool.

JoeTBell
Unregistered guest
Just purchased the 62725 for $3411 at a local appliance store (ABC Appliance--Michigan). Stand was at cost $179. It comes Tuesday, and I can't wait!

SDMike
Unregistered guest
Just bougth a 62725 (out of the box, floor model) at Best Buy in San Diego for $3750. Sounds like I could have done better. Can anyone e-mail or fax me a receipt for $3750 or less for a new (in the box) 62725. If from Best Buy or Magnolia all the better. E-mail mzimmer@san.rr.com or fax (858)720-0769. Thanks.

sean007
Unregistered guest
I have contacted Mits relation dept. and informed them that 4.04 upgrade does not totally eliminate the RESETTING problem.

Has anybody else on this version experiencing the same problem? Mits thought that 4.04 fixes this issue, but it's not.

I think that not too many customers called in because they thought that this is normal ! ( it prints in BOLD in the manual ). Should we accept this?

sean007
Unregistered guest
I have contacted Mits relation dept. and informed them that 4.04 upgrade does not totally eliminate the RESETTING problem.

Has anybody else on this version experiencing the same problem? Mits thought that 4.04 fixes this issue, but it's not.

I think that not too many customers called in because they thought that this is normal ! ( it prints in BOLD in the manual ). Should we accept this?

Username: Showmethetv

Post Number: 5
Cable card installed did not totally work with version 4.03. Mits sent software upgrade to version 4.04 and cable card installed without a problem.

Unregistered guest
Finally got my 62725 2 weeks ago...best I could do was 3950 at Tweeter.

I also bought a stand and dvd player.

Brought it home, took it out of the box and plugged it in. Everything works...np's. Comcast came out last week and installed the cable card. I should say, they handed me the cable card and I did the installation..LOL. Tech had never installed one. Turned the tv on, went to the ID screen, wrote down the numbers and he called the office. Programming was downloaded in about 5 minutes and everything worked perfectly.

Only gripe I have is an occasional "lock up" of the remote/channels every once in a while(has happend 3 times in 2-1/2 weeks). I just turn the set off(takes a few minutes)and reboot it and it's back.

Software version is 4.03.

Don

sean007
Unregistered guest
I am surprised that your Cable Card work with 4.03 version. Mine only works with 4.04 (Time warner). I still have lock ups which is due to the cable card. So if you continue to use cable card, then expect to have lock ups.

Username: Erikelvis

Post Number: 3
Just to clarify if you have the digital cable box you do not need the cable card? It seems it would be easier to stick with the box.

Unregistered guest
Erik,
correct, if u use the stb (set top box) you do not need the cable card.

Cable card just eliminates another remote/piece of hardware. SUPPOSEDLY, it also provides a better signal path. I'll be testing that tomorrow because I just picked up a box too!!

Sean? Why would I "expect" to have cable card lock ups in the future? Is it just because you are? I don't understand that logic. I even "skimmed" this ng and have found very little concerning lockups and cable card. Is there a problem with mits and cable cards? Or is there a problem with LOCAL carriers and cable cards?

Don

Thanks Don. I'm not worried about a extremely sharp picture. I would be happy with anything better than a reg tube TV. I have been looking at a Mitsu 52725 at tweeter and they gave me a price of 3399.00. Is this a fair price or should I haggle for more off?

By the way that price is w/o stand.

Username: Garyh

Just took delivery of a WD-52725 and I'm in the process of setting it up. I have a C-Band satellite receiver, DirecTV TIVO unit, VCR, DVD Player and an Onkyo Receiver. Per the Mits manual it says to run a set of analog stereo cables from the Audio 2 Output to the Audio Input on the back of the receiver. Then run a coaxial connection from the TV to the receiver. I have done the coaxial connection with no problem, but I don't have a "TV Audio IN" labeled connection on my receiver. The only audio inputs I have are listed under Video 1 (Used for VCR); Video 2 (Used for cable TV, satellite tv, or set top box), and Multi channel input (which says can be used for connecting components with multiple analog outputs). Would the Mits analog stereo output go there? I also have the DirecTV TIVO receiver connected to "Input 2" on the Mits via S-Video and an optical digital cable to the receiver. With the receiver on and watching DirecTV through Input 2; I get sound not only through my home theater system, but the speakers on the Mits as well. I have to turn the volume off on the Mits to keep the sound from echoing. Is this the only way to prevent sound from coming through the TV speakers?
Was setting up the Net Command very difficult to get all your components recognized and controlled through Net Command? Currently I'm using 4 different remotes. I gotta get that fixed & soon ' caused I spilled my beer the other evening watching football trying to reach for a remote!!
Thanks everyone for the help &/or advice on setup

Gary

Unregistered guest
Erik,

It seems to depend on area more than anything. Around here Mits 725's are only sold at Tweeters. BestBuy only carries the 525...I was told they would NOT carry the 725 series...don't know how much truth there is in that, but it's straight from the mouth of the bestbuy manager!! I even checked online and it's not listed. So there really isn't any competition to price-match in my area.

3300 sounds pretty "fair" to me. I paid 300 more than online pricing for the luxury of having pick it up myself rather than having it trucked. There is also something to be said about using tweeter's service team rather than contractor (like mack or something) imho.

Make sure you negotiate the prices of the stand and warranty as well. They REALLY moved on that for me.

good luck
Don

Post Number: 6
Thanks again Don. I really did not want to have it shipped so thats why I decided with tweeter. I believe they told me the 4yr plan was $599 and covered bulbs. All the other plans did not cover them. I will see what they can do with the plan and the stand.

sean007
Unregistered guest
Don, I have a 52525 and 52725 and they both experiencing lock ups with cable card. This is a know fact with Mits, even with v. 4.04 and there are other postings in this Forum / other Forums regarding users with CC experiencing the same problem. I exchange 1 of my TV and also have the same issue, and so I just accept the fact if I want to continue using the CC. The reason is that the signal is passed from cable and processed by cable card and internal HD tuner (By the way you need to have internal HD tuner to be able to use cable). All this processing will cause delays / lockups Vs if you let the external cable box do the processing. You WILL get better picture with CC than from an external box, because the signals go straight into the TV and don't have to be "translated" by another source. I had cable boxes before I switched.

sean007
Unregistered guest
Erik,

If I were you I would buy the 2nd plan that I bought. i.e. 5 yrs for $350 with no bulb. You are paying $600 for 4yrs with ONLY 1 time bulb replacement and the bulb cost $200 with Mits. The bulb cost will come down. You are not gaining anything by paying that since it cost the same and you not need it.

I paid $3000 for 52725 and $2600 for 52525 at Tweeter in Houston.

Sean007
Unregistered guest
Erik,

If I were you, just buy the 5 yrs -$350 no bulb plan.
The bulb costs only$200 with Mits and do you know that the $600 plan only covers 1 TIME REPLACEMENT?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
With UE, the 5 yr $499 plan covers two bulb replacements. Assuming a bulb has an average life and your TV gets average or more than average runtime, it could get replaced every 3 yrs.

Post Number: 8
Thanks guys. I just purchased the 52725 amd am very pleased so far. No screen smudges or out of whack colors. We do not have the HDTV hooked up yet buy we played Gladiator through the HDMI port from the Denon DVD player I picked up with it. The picture was great @1080. As far as regular cable goes it is not horrible but is definitely not something I would like to watch everyday. I'm about to call Comcast now the upgrade my box to the HD version. Hopefully no burnouts or strange lights will appear.

Post Number: 10
Hi guys. We set up the regular digital cable through the box yesterday and I have to say I'm getting a little frustrated with the reg channels. Even without the HD shouldnt this TV look a little better than a reg tube TV? The channels are worse than on a regular TV. Could it be how it is hooked up? Is there a certain way to hook up the box for the best picture?

Thanks in advance

rayrayray
Unregistered guest
I paid $3625. from HHgregg near Cleveland Ohio.

rayrayray
Unregistered guest
I paid $3625. from HHgregg near Cleveland Ohio.
for the WD-62725

Username: Joelgua

Erik! i have the same problem..I called mit. and they r sending someone to look at my md62725.I will keep u posted.....

TxAggies
Unregistered guest
Sean007,
Could you tell me which location you got the 52725 @ $3000 from Tweeter? I'm in Houston too and am looking for either the 52 or 62725 probably at Kirby location of Tweeter. Thanks!

txaggies@gmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Definitely keep me posted Joel. Is it better to run the HD box through a S-cable or component? It is running through the input now. It looks good with cartoons and black and white but anything else looks strange.

sean007
Unregistered guest
TxAggies,

Tweeter Sugarland. I bought few other stuffs from them so they could say that was how they packaged it all together. Good luck !

Unregistered guest
One quick question for all of you that are having cablecard/reset issues - Every time I have to reset my 52525 I have to call Comcast to have them send a warm reset to the card. This is happening 2-3 times per week. Is anyone else having to have their cards reset this often by their cable provider? Thanks

sean007
Unregistered guest
William,

I don't need to do that with Time Warner cable Card. Are you on 4.04? You cable company should only need to "reset" your card when you do a firmware upgrade or whne you pull it out of your TV. Reset your system should not require your Comcast to "ping" your card.

TheTomMan
Unregistered guest
Sean and I have similar problemns. Mits relations didn't tell me that it was the cable card though. My cable card worked the same with 4.03. 4.04 did clear up my problem of the set not turning on. Now it just decides to lock up and not let you do anything. Most of the time it comes back, but not always. The other day it shut off by itself and the timer light started blinking.

UE got a new shipment of 62725's in from Mits and I will be getting one of these in the coming week or 2. I figure it can't hurt. At least I hope it's not worse.

And yes Erik, regular cable channels are not very good. Some are better than others. I chalk it off to the TV being very large and with such a good picture, that it shows the defects. When I compare to my 32" 4:3 Sony tube tv, it's not a whole lot different.

Sean007
Unregistered guest
The TomMan,

I just have mine replaced last Monday, and the lock up problem is still there and this past Saturday, it just reset itself. I even have a UPS hook up, so I think that is a common problem for all Mits DLP.
I contacted Mits - support line numerous times and made them aware of the issue and that 4.04 DOES NOT fix this problem. I have no idea what more we can do to let Mits be more aware of this issue. You may want to call in to 866-252-4333 and also complain about it. If we complain loud enough, they may then admit and start looking into it. I think that not many people called in because they accept it as normal operations, SINCE IT STATES IN THE MANUAL !

But go ahead and call them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
More proof of lockup issues with the Mits...
UE field guy came out and reloaded the same version (04.03) that I already had on my Mits. This was done to correct lockup issues and occasional failures to turn on. One week later -- there are still problems with failures to turn on, but unplugging from the power regulator wasn't enough this time to fix it. System reset was required. Then again today, the TV did power up, but no OTA broadcast signal (blue screen only). A system reset corrected the problem. What's going on here? What goes into making quality software for a TV? Would 04.04 fix it? I'm not so sure.

sean007
Unregistered guest
Tom Fox,
According to Mits and all their Operators...4.04 was supposed to FIX ALL PROBLEMS like you indicated, but it did not ! I have 4.04 on 3 TVs, yes 3 ! 52525 and 2 - 52725 (1 exchanged) and they all have the same lock up problems / TV did not turn on (requiring RESET ) / TV Reset it self. And I have UPS hooked up to my TVs so it's not the power fluctuation.

If you call Mits, they will send u 4.04 and claim that it will fix the problem but it won't.

If I were you I would call them and complain and if they heard us loud enough they may come out with 4.05 ! to FIX it all ! the hard thing is for them to admit !

FYI
Unregistered guest
Wow...Cablecard sucks! Yet another new technology riddled with glitches. My Direct TV service is flawless!

Username: Mitzu101

anybody bought their wd-62725 here in Orange county CA or San Bernardino county CA area ? how much and where ? the cheapest so far is $4199.00. thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD-52725 and have really enjoyed the set for the past two weeks without any problems until yesterday. While watching a program the screen suddenly went black and a red light came on. The red light was solid, not blinking. I looked it up in the manual to see what the problem was and it said the lamp had gone out and to contact service. Two weeks old and the lamp blows??? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

sean007
Unregistered guest
Gary,
I would definitely have it replaced. We all have various problems like resetting / lock ups, even with 4.04 version but I don't think I've heard of the bulb went out that quickly. It is estimated to last between 4-8k hrs pending on Brightness / Contrast level.

Username: Duke

Folks, Need Help, I'm ready to buy a rear projection tv and am having dificulty deciding between the Mitsubishi WD62725 vs Sony KDF-60XS955. I realize we're talking about LCD vs DLP. Are there any opinions out there to help me make a decision

sean007
Unregistered guest
Donald,
I don't want to sound bias since I have 2 Mits 52725 and 52525. DLP is new technology especially if you are using Cable which I do. If you use cable box or satellite dish, then likely you will have less problems with the Mits than what I have been experiencing. If you don't mind resetting your TV ...maybe once a month, then I would go with Mits. I too thought about exchanging mine for the Sony, but LCD screen will degrade overtime. You can not bring it back like new as you can with DLP by replacing the bulb. That is MY ONLY concern with LCD. I rather Reset my TV once in a while but be able to get same picture quality as new 5-7 yrs from now. I am pretty sure that with the Sony, you will have less problem because you are dealing with older but proven technology. P.S. You can not hook up a PC to the Sony, which you may not even care. If you ask any TV tech, how they would rank...They will say Plasma, DLP and LCD in that order.
Let me know what you decide, I'm curious.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I second Sean's points. I went back after forth between Sony & Mits myself. Once I put them side by side, the color & clarity of the Mits won me over. Granted, the brightness had probably been turned up at the store, but then I'm sure the Sony was in a tip-top configuration as well.

Next, DLP is the only technology that does not degrade the equipment (minus wear-n-tear). That's the #1 selling point for me -- I prefer to hold onto my TV for a minimum of 10 years. I use it as a computer screen a significant amount, so I'd be concerned with LCD burn-in or loss of clarity (assuming the Sony had a VGA input, which it doesn't).

Last of all, the black levels of this Mits compared to just about any LCD is sweet.

While we do experience some oddities, I have yet to have the TV go out on me while it was operating normally. Typically, the problems are related to power on or off, or switching channels. And maybe my eyes just aren't good enough, but I have a difficult time even forcing the rainbow effect with the Mits. With the current selection of TVs available, I'd buy another Mits.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Sean:
Thanks for the reply. I have been getting the message "did you replace the bulb" Enter for yes and Cancel for no from day one whenever I would turn the set on. I just hit cancel and went on. Maybe there was a factory defect with the bulb from day 1 -- who knows! I have a service Tech that is supposed to show up this morning when I get home from night shift so I will post on the forum if there are any "weird" issues.

Bronze Member
Username: Pitburger

Post Number: 31
Don- Buy the Mits, you wont be disappointed

I have had my 62725 for 6 months and have had no problems

Gary - That message is related to the bulb life hour timer. If you unplug the TV or exerience a power outtage you will get that message when you power it back up. The TV is asking if you want to reset the timer or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Rob -- Thanks for that information

sean007
Unregistered guest
Tom, After calling Mits and inform them about the problem, but got no reply. I wrote to Customer Relation and may be, just may be they'll looking into it.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:56 PM
To: Sean
Subject: RE: Consumer Relations and support form 109175

Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. We are pleased to be able to assist our customers via our website. We are sorry to learn of the problem you have experienced and apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused. Your information has been forwarded to our Consumer Relations department. A customer service representative will be contacting you within 2 business days to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:55 AM
To: MDEA Service
Subject: Consumer Relation - Vigil White
Importance: High

To Customer Relation,

I am a customer of Mitsubishi, owning 1 WD-52525 and 1 WD-52725. Both my TVs are on the latest version 4.04; however, I still have to reset my TVs at least once a month to have them operated normally. My 52725 is a replacement to another 52725 that had identical problems. I was told that the 4.04 version would solve all such lock up / reset issues, but they have not. I am using cable card with Time Warner Telecom - Houston. I can confirm that I am not the only users who is experiencing these problems since there are others who also experience identical problems (See Forums below) . I have made numerous inquiries with your Support Line at 866-2524333 as well as the Customer Relation department 949-830-8364, but no one has ever called me back to further discuss these issues.

I want to bring these issues to your attention so that you are aware on ongoing problems even with the version 4.04 and hope that there will be a new firmware upgrade that can finally resolve these problems.

Sincerely,

sean007
Unregistered guest
Rob,

Are you using cable card? and which version are you on?

Bronze Member
Username: Pitburger

Post Number: 32
No cable card. Wanted the DVR and guide from the HD STB. Dont know what version, never had the need or desire to check it out, but I would think its an early version since I got mine shortly after they came on the market.

Unregistered guest
I am looking for a replacement lamp for Mitsubishi LCD Projection TV Model TL60701

Thanks

Alberto Asaad

Unregistered guest
I've had my 57525 since October. Did the two software upgrades and had tech out to horizontally align the pic.
Then I began to see a 'wash' of brightness, oval-shaped about 10"X18" in the lower half of the display. Had techs from two separate repair shops look at the set. When they contacted
Mits. tech support to find out how to repair the problem (they
both said in not uncertain terms that they would not find this
acceptable), Mits said this was normal. I spoke with a Mits
cust. svc. person (after several eMail promises of contact) and
he said I was seeing the "Color Wheel" and that would be apparent in all DLPs. This is NOT an acceptable situation. Mits
people simply don't seem to believe me and suggested that I
just may want to go to another brand!! They were very dismissive!
Thank goodness (and the $500 extended warranty), the guys
at GoodGuys believe me and are going to exchange the set.
Mick

sean007
Unregistered guest
Please note of new firware 4.05
I just received email below:
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:53 PM
To: Sean
Subject: RE: Consumer Relations and support form 109175

New 4.05 version has been sent to you, expect a follow up call later this week.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks for the post, Sean. I'm right on it... :-)

Unregistered guest
I have mits 52525. Pic is not tilted. Great pic. Pic is slightly off to the right and to top. I have read about some that adjust this (Hor,Vert) with the remote. Could someone please post how to do this? I only notice with a test pattern. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards

TheTomMan
Unregistered guest
Thanks Sean, ditto w/Tom Fox. I'm going to put in a call/email to get the scoop on 4.05.

I haven't had much problems lately, but then I haven't been changing channels much. Seems to be OK if I stick to one channel (Superbowl party) or watch a DVD.

Decided not to go to the hassle of swapping out the tv at this point.

Tom

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Same here. TV hasn't required reset as much lately. Not sure what has changed or if I'm just flipping channels less. In any case, the number of required resets is bearable if they never fix it. However, I'll keep throwing new firmwares on it ... in the hope that they nail it down.

Sageice
Unregistered guest
Mick W: I have a WD-62725 and I have the exact same oval-shaped wash of brightness that is the exact same size in the exact same place. I know for a fact it is not normal because I had to have my TV replaced 2 times and the first 2 didn't have that problem. I am going to call a service tech about it on monday, and also have them fix the tilt problem. I had a tech come out to clean a few specs of dust from behind the screen that looked like dead pixels. The place I got the TV from was really cool though I don't think their techs knew much about the TV, they insisted on replacing it because of the dust, they claimed it was dead pixels. The second TV actually had a dead pixel, what is nice is I have the 5 year warrenty and the store replaced it for 1 dead pixel. I know I may be a little picky but for $4000 my TV better be perfect.

Username: Barrows

After reading all these posts I think i will forget buying a Mitsubishi 62725 from Fry's or any where else for that matter. I have also been looking at Toshiba 62hm84 which does not have a screen protection. I guess I will start looking all over again.

RobertR1
Unregistered guest
Why won't my 62725 show anything in 720p. I have a DVD that upscales to 720/1080 and is connected via a HDMI cable and when I hit the "format" button, the only options options I get are 1080i Standard or 1080i Wide Expand.

Same with the Comcast DVR/Cable box connected via component. Even though FOX transmits in 720p, I can only view in 1080i Standard or 1080i Wide Expand.....help???

Thanks,
Robert.

Sageice
Unregistered guest
david h barrows: Although I am one of the people who have had problems with the WD-62725 I would say to get it. I love the TV and I would not have any problems at all if I would have stuck with my original 62725 and not let the place I bought it from swap it out. It is a great TV, and other than the dust which mitsubishi cleaned for me it is a great TV. For every person here who has had problems I am sure their are 1000s of people who haven't.

shortyhk
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know a toll free number to Mits. I am currently incountering green bars running up and down the screen. I have only had it for 4weeks now. HELP!!!

Post Number: 6
David H Barrows, I agree with Sageice. I have a 62725 and love it. Never had to reset it, don't see ovals, green bars, or dead pixels. I have seen the message "Did you replace the bulb" but that was because I unplugged the TV. The only slight issue was that my cable card did not work with 4.03 but once I installed 4.04 it has worked without a problem. No matter what you end up getting make sure that the store has excellent customer service. Good luck.

Post Number: 7
RobertR1, I have a Toshiba dvd connected to my 62725 via a HDMI cable. On the Toshiba remote there is an "HDMI" button that goes through the 480/720/1080 views. Maybe your dvd's remote has a similar button?

Username: Sean007

to the Toms,
I did the upgrade on my 52725 to firmware 4.05 this morning. So far so good, it seems that changing HD channels seemed to be quick and smoother. The good surprise thing is I did not need to contact the cable co. to re-initialize my cable card ! in older version would have too. Let me know your feedback on the new 4.05

Sean007

Robert999
Unregistered guest
Sean

How did you get the firmware update?

Robert

Post Number: 2
contact Customer Relation department 949-830-8364 and they send you the compact flash with instructions. The upgrade takes 3-5 min. very easy.

Robert999
Unregistered guest
Well, I finally took the dive. I purchased the 62725 today. Got it @ HH Gregg for $3400 plus the five year service agreement. This agreement is HH Gregg's own and includes ALL parts. Yes, bulbs too - not just one but all that blow for five years. If the TV is serviced four times and the technician verifies this, the TV is replaced with similar model or instore credit for total amount paid for the TV.

Robert

Username: Mitzu101

robert999 i live in california, where and what is hh gregg ?

Username: Robert999

Brentwood, TN

H.H Gregg is an electronics chain with locations in Nashville TN. I am not sure where else they are located. You may be able to find someting on their website: http://www.hhgregg.com

Robert

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Robert,
That sounds like quite a deal. Glad you didn't pass that one up -- paid less than many of us and with 5-yr bulb replacement. I wish I lived in TN. :-)

Sean,
Firmware is on its way. Quick channel changes would be a welcomed improvement. It'd be especially nice if changes between HD channels has improved since that's mostly what I watch. I've had very few necessary resets lately. Kinda strange actually, but I'll happily upgrade.

Brentwood, TN

Tom Fox,

I may have miss communicated my actual final price. I paid $3400 for the TV plus $499 for the five year service plan. The plan starts immediately. It does not wait for the Mitsu warranty to expire.

The price on the TV was $4498 so he came down considerably. He even took money off the base from Bush Furniture, the component cables and the DVI-->HDMI cable too.

Robert

Robert

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
That's still a good deal. I paid $3500 and $499 for the 5 yr with only 2 bulb replacement. Still, the 5 yrs "shouldn't" require more than 2 bulbs.

To the Toms,

Well...even with 4.05 , My TV resetted itself while I was Showtime SD - East this morning. The screen went Blue / Froze and then the TV reset itself. I started to think that it's particular channels that are doing this. I think it's mainly the Showtime channels.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Sean

I have had my WD-52725 replaced once already, but that was due primarily to ballast and bulb failure. My new set was manufactured 1-26-05 and had ver 4.04 of the software installed. I have had to reset it a couple of times due to freeze-up when turning the set on. The power light would come on, but nothing happens - then it would not turn off with the remote. Is this the kind of experiences you and Tom were having?

Thanks

Gary

Gary,

Absolutely, both Toms and I have experienced the same problems. Are you using cable card? I think that is causing the problem i.e. I don't think other users with non-cable card are experiencing this problem.

Sean

Username: Sammyw

I am getting ready to purchase the WD-62725 this Saturday (2/26). As far as I can tell from the posts, and a guy that I work with who bought one a few months ago, it's the best of the DLP batch. I am purchasing this from a local authorized Mits dealer for $3500 plus $150 for the Mits stand, plus a discounted price of $125 for an extended (5 year total in home) warranty. The total is $3775, which seems pretty fair. If someone has some valid reasons NOT to purchase this, please let me know...otherwise, seems like the best I have seen, good features, great pic, and again, the nicest of the DLP's. THANKS!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sean:

No, I am not using the cable card. I have DirecTV with TIVO and a C-Band Satellite Dish. I am receiving my HD channels OTA locally. I didn't have this "lockup" problem with the first set. It was running software ver. 4.03. In any event, I went ahead and called the Mits line that you posted and requested the 4.05 ver. software. When it arrives and I install it, I'll post and let you know if the problem is fixed. Maybe the results, since I don't have a cable card; will help narrow down the issue.

Gary

Spreidel23
Unregistered guest
I have had my 62725 since Nov and have been very happy with it. The only problem I have been having is that the upper right quadrant of the screen seems to have areas that are "dull". It almost looks like there is dust or dirt on the screen but after cleaning the glare screen many times it does not improve.

Anyone else have this problem? Sageice, is this the same thing you noted?

I am going to have a mits authorized tech come out to check it out. There are million in South O.C., CA. Does anyone have a recommended tech that they have used?

Username: Bikeguy1

Hamilton, NJ

I am new to this board and would like to say thank you for all of the great information found here.

I am in the process of purchasing a WD-62725 and have seen much discussion about receipt trading. I am negotiating with Tweeter right now and would really appreciate any help with a receipt. I am in NJ if that helps. I would also be willing to help out anybody else once my purchase is complete.

Anonymous

You can find good deals on the 62725 @ http://www.dynaco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WD-62725&Ca tegory_Code=TV

The price listed is $3299

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
No response from Mitsubishi after giving them my info for sending out 4.05. Thanks Mits! Called again today and they promise it'll get sent out tomorrow. Hmm, I must be special.

By the way, I don't use a cable card, satellite, or any sort of external box. My only input is OTA from my attic feeding me analog & HD stations. This same line feeds into my XPC for HD tuning using MythTV -- oh, but that's another story. Can you tell I don't like to pay for broadcasts or recording?

Brentwood, TN

Post Number: 3
Hey guys....I received my 62725 yesterday and hooked everything up. I currently have a Panasonic DVR/DVD unit and set the display properties to 16x9 420p. Yet, when watched on the TV, it does not fill the screen. I have to use the first format after the normal format in order to fill the screen completly. Is this right? I thought the widescreen DVDs would fit the TV perfectly without messing with the format of the picture. It is connected via component cables.

Robert

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
It should fill the screen mostly, if not completely. Are you talking about a few inches on each side? That type of thing can be adjusted by a service tech if it really bothers you. I wouldn't zoom the picture beyond the size of the screen & lose content, though. Yet it's your choice.

Do you have HD channels? If so, do they fill the entire screen?

Brentwood, TN

With some additional reading and such on DVDs and "widescreen", I think I may have figured this out. If the DVD is anamorphic, it should (haven't played one yet) fill the screen. However, if the DVD is widescreen but NOT anamorphic, it will fit horizontally, but still show smaller black bars along the top and bottom.

As for HD...it fills the screen completely.

So far, I am enjoying the TV. Love the picture quality...even SD is not that bad. I do not plan on using the NetCommand and was wondering if it was possible to rename the device inputs to correspond to my equipment?

Robert

Tom242
Unregistered guest
I was watching a local channel last night (Lost) and the color seemed very faint, almost graying, all of a sudden towards the end of the show the screen flickered and the color was perfect, I noticed it on another channel as well. Did'nt know if it was the TV, dish box, hookup. Has anyone else had this problem. TV's about 4 months old

Sageice
Unregistered guest
Spreidel23: The problem I am having is only visible when the screen goes completely black, there is a small oval where it looks almost like the light absorber isn't absorbing the light completely. But I did have a problem with a "dull" spot like your's. I had a mitsu tech come out and clean the TV behind the screen and he sprayed the mirrors (the ones that reflect the light to the screen, not the DMD) and lenses with compressed air and it went away. One thing that was odd is that when I was watching him clean it I noticed that one of the reflecting mirrors had a hand print on it, I pointed it out and he cleaned it.

On another note, I noticed that my TV is missing a screw I sure hope that my extended warrenty will not be effected. I had mitsu fix it instead of the store I got the extended warrenty from because the store kept claiming the dust was a dead pixel and they kept replacing the TV, and every TV had the dust (I am very picky), so isntead of dealing with them swapping it out forever I had a mitsu tech clean it.

Ekim-75
Unregistered guest
This is a great site and I appreciate all of the feedback.

I attempted to use the DVI port on my WD-62725 and am getting no signal. Is anyone else having this problem? I am outputting from the HDMI port on my RCA high def sat. receiver (sorry, don't have the model number in front of me) from DirecTV. I am using a HDMI to DVI cord and am selecting MONLINK on the "device" input setting. There is an output setting on the RCA receiver and I have flipped it back and forth to no avail. As I see it, I have one or more of the following issues: 1) A bad output port from the sat. receiver 2) a bad input port on my Mists or 3) a bad cable.

Is there some sort of input activation on the Mists that I am missing? I have other devices (DVD, VCR, analog Tivo) running fine through the other ports. I even have hi-def when using the RGB input; the only problem I have is with the DVI connection.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EKIM-75
Unregistered guest
CORRECTION: MITS!!! Thats what happens when fat fingers try to work a key board!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I meant to followup on the 4.05 install and I forgot. Honestly, I found very little difference operationally between 4.03 and 4.05. Switching between digital channels does not appear any faster, but I haven't tested changing between analog stations. No unusual behavior with 4.05 yet. Still no regrets with the Mits.

Mits decided to send me the 4.05 firmware twice. Isn't that nice of them? Maybe I'll keep the CF this time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us