Sync recording between DVD Recorder and Sat Tuner

Username: Eroche

Post Number: 1
I have at home a PUMA PACE Tuner TD450. Its a twin tuner with 2 scarts: 1 Scart to TV (RGB or composite) and one Scart to VCR/TV (either composite or S-Video via Scart). I have also a DVD recorder SONY RDR-HX710s. This has equally 2 scarts with practically the same setup. You can choose video/RGB and just video/S-Video. I have these two components attached to an LG-4212PX which has 3 scart connections.
Initially I have used 3 scart cables (gold and RGB enabled). I can play and do instant recording when needed. Although here comes my issue, perhaps you guys can help me out.
The Twin tuner uses EPG (electronic program guide). This is handy since you can create planned recordings (timer function) on what ever channel you want to choose, when ever. The twin tuner should then send a signal (you can either choose the signal via scart (RGB) to TV or VCR/TV2 to DVD recorder. This signal can be send regardless if the machine is on or off. The DVD recorder has a Sync rec option. This is indeed to work with sal tuners. You choose the Line of input (this case its L3), make sure the date and time is the same (the time/date is automatically taken from the Tuner during setup) and press HDD (for harddisk recording if you choose) and activate the Sync rec option. I have asked the tuner to make some planned recordings but the sync rec doesnt seem to work. I have at some point succeded for some capture, but didnt know how that worked out. Although i can always play DVD and do recoding instantly if needed (so live pause or simple just record a fim when you are present). I have checked for information on the net, but no luck. Anybody have an idea how to solve this? The link to Puma is the following: http://www.pacemicro.com/corporate/documents/specs/TDT450EMEA_spec.pdf
hope you can help\cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us