Needs a little help

Username: Tylerguy02

Post Number: 1
Well i just moved and me and my roommates are lookin to buy a new tv and in our college classifieds there was a 97 61" magnavox tv for 300. but there is only one problem, there is a lot of green in the picture. i mean i could deal with it because its so big an all, but i'd like a better picture. i could probably fix it myself if you guys could help me and tell me what the problem might be. if you have any suggestions that would be cool. we're more than likely gonna buy it if its sorta of an easy/cheaper fix than buying a new 1,500 one. thanks for the help

Caveat Emtor
Unregistered guest
Don't buy it!

The present owner already has an idea what it will cost to fix.
That's why they are selling it!

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 39
If it has alot of green, one of the guns is probably bad. Likely the red or blue gun causing a green push. This can be costly because even if you do the work yourself, the set will require a professional calibration when the new gun is installed. Calibrations alone cost anywhere from $250 - $350.

Another possibility, is that the cooling fluid between the lens and the gun may need to be changed out. I have heard of this causing a green push similar to what you are describing. It's kindof a gamble buying the set, but even if it's just the fluid, it should be left to a professional. Bottom line, I would steer clear unless they are giving it away for free.

Here is a link to a thread on this forum that was posted a couple of months ago...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/135152.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us