Lip sync issue

Username: Krammatt

Post Number: 1
I have just installed my Samsung HLP4667w. I have a HD cable box from Time Warner(Scientific Atlanta 3250HD) connect via componet cable to the TV. I have run the optical audio from the cable box to the JVC receiver. DVD is connected by componet cable to the TV and Optical cable to the same receiver. DVD's seem to be ok in short tests as far as lip sync goes, but I have seen a problem with a movie on TNTHD today where the sound was off. It sounded great, but it was out of sync. Is this a fixable problem?

Also, when I plugged this unit the existing surge protector, I got no picture, just a bunch of vertical lines. When plugged into the wall, it does fine. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Read this!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/144148.html

Username: Krammatt

Post Number: 3
So what do you think: is it the TV or is it the broadcast?

Anonymous

Klaus
Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday , FL
USA

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 09:00 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys:
It is not just Samsung related. I have a Magnavox CRT in my bedroom which does the same thing, only harder to tell since the 20 inch screen masks it quite well. I had similar issues with a 32 inch Sony CRT and Dish network. I think that in many cases it is broadcast or source related, and there is no way the set can overcome that. There is some delay in many sets for Gaming but that is entirely the processing time, and not a sync issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us