Zero response to my plea for help

Username: Bryanc

Post Number: 3
My DP301 is broken.

I'd like to try to fix it myself. I have no money --- five kids, and we live in a beautiful but remote rural spot where there is no DSL, no cable, and no broadcast TV or radio to be had.

I asked if anyone wiser than myself knew of any repairable problems common to this DISH receiver. Mine stopped working. Please help.

Username: Mcgyver253

Post Number: 4
S.O.S. I have tried the straight through 9pin F2F cable. Made sure by checking ohms pin to pin. 1 - 9 all match, no cross over. I have connected the Lifetime Ultra to a IBM laptop using serial port. Laptop is operating at 127 mhz. The rec is off during connection. I launch the uploader and choose the new bin file "Al7bar FTA Ultra_050322_269_apiNTSC". The uploader alows com 2&3 otherwise tells me no com. Also if I place the wrong rec name it tells me wrong name, this tends to make me believe the computer and rec are talking? When I launch the uploader during the first green bar on the rec, I get the status window on the computer but never a progress line. Everytime I do this, it will tell me upload failed.

I have been reading the forums here & elsewhere. I even tried a usb to 9pin. No luck there either. I have manually inserted the updated keys and made knew scans. I receive all the typical PPV. Plyby still only spanish. Most of the local channels. I can not find TNT, TBS, TV Land, etc... I had these channels once before, then lost them. I am really running out of ideas. Should I try a slower or older CPU?? Oh and the boot info I pull up on the rec with the menu option is 6.0 bin 2.69.

Help, please....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us