Fortec Ultra Autoroll - S Video Cable?

Username: Thechallenger

Post Number: 1
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to use an S-Video cable to do the autoroll and if so, how is there anything special I have to do as oppose to using the serial cable?

LK
Unregistered guest
Cannot use S video cable...are U serious?..can't believe anyone would even ask a dumb question like that!...directions for installing any BIN and software/hardware are VERY explicit and posted EVERYWHERE here...lol..please...why don't U try putting lemonade in your gas tank too!...need the serial cable..

LK
Unregistered guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing AUTOROLL for Lifetime Ultra NTSC. If you read and do all of this you should have no questions at the end.

Only have a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE RS232C hooked up to your receiver from the computer. Take the cable off going to the LNB.
If you have the year model Dec 2004 or 2005 receiver then you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183. Get detailed instructions here http://www.al7bar.tk/forums/showthread.php?t=58114

Download to your computer Blacklist STB UPDATER.ZIP.You can get it here http://forums.al7bar.tk/showthread....0891#post300891
UNZIP both files. You can use WinZip or Winace.
You can get them here http://www.winzip.com/ http://www.winace.com/

Click on UPDATER.EXE to start it.

Set the COM PORT and put a dot in BIN.

Click on BROWSE then put in Al7bar FTA Ultra_050322_269_api(NTSC).bin (note it is a bin)

Turn receiver on from the back, when FIRST bar starts then click FIX on your computer.

After you get COMPLETE on the computer the ON will display in the receiver, then it will displays a channel number if you have channels in your receiver. Your receiver is flashed.

You should be on a working channel with signal for the auto roll to work. When you turn the receiver & TV on after the flash you may get ECM has occurred with a %. Let the % go up until the picture comes on. It is looking for the keys. It may take 5 minutes. The % may go to 115 or more.

If for some reason it can't find the keys then set the default key by clicking on MENU then go to CHANNEL EDIT then CODE then OK put in 1010 or 1668 what ever works then down to SET DEFAULT KEY and click OK then exit out

Username: Mcgyver253

Okay I don't claim to be a Sat Tech. However I do have a background in electronics. FTA is new to me. I have been attempting the upload / download of Al7 program to my Lifetime Ultra. Seems to want to talk, but I keep getting "upload failed". I am using a 9 pin female to female on serial. Help I am running out of Beer & patience.

Pull Start
Unregistered guest
Then go get a JOB???
And I done me a Bl-ow one either!
A real working job PULL START

Username: Jblaze

Miami, Fl USA

Post Number: 3
yo i new to this i have fortec star ultra and i wanna know how you put codes in your system... i new to this.....i know my question is stupid.....

Post Number: 2
Pull, I have a job thanks for the concern! I have tried the 9 pin fem2fem RS232 and the usb to 9 pin. Program runs on computer but the "download" box stays blank. Just sits there at 0%. Tried the re boot and factory settings. Manually programmed the latest codes. Tried two different computers both running XP. I do get the FTA channels, but not channels such as: TNT, TBS, TvLand, etc. PPV comes in fine. I do get PLYB E, but only in Spanish. Yah somethings are universal, however English would be a plus.

Any constructive suggestions??

Post Number: 3
Manuel, there is no stupid question when it deals with something you are unfamiliar with. Everyone started somewhere. Look at some of the posts, your question has been answered a few times.

LK
Unregistered guest
Randy...many channels have switched to nagra2...read the Bev/Dishnet going down thread to get a listing of N2 channels..U said u get FTA channels,so it sounds like U have it all going,except U cannot receive N2 channels.

MUST subscribe to get N2 channels www.nagra2.org

Username: Alan743

every one who is having trouble down loading keys here is some closure to your problem.
1. it seems down loading from sat 119 is the problem. down loading from 110 and everything will work fine. In some cases like mine, i only have 1 dish and its on 119, you can enter the code in manualy, ive included todays in this mseeage
KEY0 02 7E A9 9B E5 07 A0 EA Active
KEY1 D5 66 C4 72 AE D0 60 B7
10-06-05 13:01:56

enjoy
Alan

LK
Unregistered guest
The problem yesterday and today is that Dishnet has targeted ALL FTA receivers with autorolls bins and also changed the keys, as well as targeted Dishnet plastic cards with blockers on them..so therefore everyone MUST manually input the newest keys from today..its that simple...Dishnet is doing ECM's to stop piracy...

BTW...the 119 or 110 doesn't matter,when it comes to ECM's and key changes!

Craig2
Unregistered guest
LK....so is it better not to downloafd autorolls for awhile. ..so we dont get ECM'd again?

LK
Unregistered guest
yes of course...but there still will be key changes to do manually....hopefully new autorolls will be released that Dish can't freeze or corrupt..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us