When will the NEW Models come out?

Username: Markim

Post Number: 11
I've been reading about all the FCC regulations and deadlines.
It seems to me the TV manufactures need to have all new TV's over 36" (I think)with built in digital tuners by sometime this year ( this is my understanding, if I'm wrong let me know).
So, here is my question, does anyone know when the new models for DLP, LCD RP will come out?

arungupta
Unregistered guest
The large size models shipping in the second half of the year will have ATSC tuner as an option. Many of them are going beyond the mandate and will include a CableCard tuner as well. For complete information on all new and current DLP models, see:

http://www.digiupdate.com/105_DLP_RPTV.html

Bronze Member
Username: Markim

Post Number: 12
Thanks arungupta,
Maybe you can help shed some light on the new tuners.
Are the new tuners just got OTA reception?
What will the tuners be capable of handling, HDTV or just DTV.
What can they handle from the cable/satalite companies?
I'm not to happy about paying the "cable guy" rent for a converter (STB) just to get HDTV.
Any way out of this in the near future?

arungupta
Unregistered guest
The exact details vary from product to product, but most of them have these features:
- ATSC tuner to receive HDTV over the air
- NTSC tuner to receive standard TV over the air
- CableCard tuner - compatible with the new Cablecard (a.k.a OpenCable or POD) support that your cable company will be providing by mid-year. You will then have to just get an access card from your cable company. You should be able to get both standard and high definition channels from your cable system.

NTSC tuner is built-in to most sets today. The ATSC tuner+CableCard will generally be an option priced at $400 to $500 MSRP.

At the DigiUpdate site, there will be a new guide devoted to this topic next week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us