Sony DRPTV's out for 3 months due to....

Username: Triplesevn

Post Number: 2
I ordered or should I say pre ordered the Sony KF50 this week. The salesman from PlasmaBay.com advised me of a 3 week wait on these TV's.
Today at Circuit City, I was admiring the Hitachi 50. When I asked the sales person about it then referred to my recent order, I was told that the wait for the Sony was not 3 weeks but 3 MONTHS! Sony has BULB circuiting issues and has advised all dealers not to expect shipments for 3 months. To my surprise, I was absolutely shocked!

But I am happy as I think the Hitachi is a better TV and will be purchasing my 50 inch tomorrow using the great advise from all of you here. (Hitachi thread)

I think it was some kind of sign that the Sony is not ready as I was able to compare the Hitachi and Sony at my local CC store. They were set up next to each other. After playing with them a bit, I find the Hitachi a much better overall buy. Specially for the price! That can't be beat!

Anonymous

Sears had pulled the KF50 & KF60's from website for roughly a month. There back on website & you can order. Take another look at Sony!

Username: Triplesevn

Post Number: 4
They are excepting orders and letting them build up but they won't have them for the 3 months. I spoke to their manager today when trying to buy the Hitachi!
That's bad service! Excepting orders for an item that is sooooo back logged. Even CC said they were not excepting orders as they have such a back log from December still...

Sears remains me of Service Merchandise. I hope they do not fall into the same fate as them too. I like Sears but the old one, not the new Nothing in stock, must order from Manf. now. My Father In Law ordered a new Washer today and they said they do not carry appliances in any store anymore. Maybe a few rare ones but nothing else. They order directly from the Manf. now. It saves them lots of money now as they do not have to buy and keep a warehouse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us