Mitsubishi DLP 4.05 firmware fixes cablecard problems

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 36
Hurray! My cablecard is actually useable now with the latest firmware update. The guide works, I can now directly input the channel number to go to the desired channel. Before the update neither of those functions worked and the cablecard was pretty much useless.

I cannot get any digital or HD channels at the moment. I'm not sure that is a firmware problem though. I'm thinking that maybe the channels that require a subscription are not working. That may be a comcast issue. I'm going to call them and have them reset the cablecard to see if that fixes it.
Standard (analog) channels through the cable card look really good, very surprising. Through my HD DVR comcast box connected via DVI, they look like crap! I'll definitly be using cablecard to watch analog channels from now on. They look just as good as the digital non-hd channels do.

I'll post more later after I figure out how to fix the digital channels.

Call this number to get your firmware update. You simply leave a message for them and a few days later UPS will drop it off at your home. It's on a flash memory card and installs very easy. 949-830-8364

DLP Owner
Unregistered guest
Well I'll be damned!

Someone is finally enjoying digitally delivered NTSC analog programming from a cable company. Hope you get your true digital network channels and HD channels soon. It does sound like a reset is needed. Congrats!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us