Gamecube on Samsung DLP TV

Hip Hop John
Unregistered guest
I have the Gamecube hooked up to my Samsung HLP 4663W DLP via component cables. When I enable progressive scan mode, the picture doesn't completely fill the screen. There are about a quarter of an inch black bars on both sides of the screen. Its barley noticeable, since the TV has a black border around it anyway. I'm just wondering if it is supposed to do that. However, on some games this doesn't happen so I'm thinking it is just certain games. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also I would like to note that when progressive scan mode is on, I experience no button lag, which is great! Anyone who has button delays should get the component cables.

Anonymous

Which game exactly are you running, if you're running Resident Evil 4 that game is not true widescreen. With that said, the black bars remain. Only way to get rid of that would be to use the Zoom feature which will only work while the GC is on Interlace.

Hip Hop John
Unregistered guest
The bars I am talking about are not on the top and bottom of the screen, they are on the sides . Almost every game I have does this, except for Mario Sunshine and the Zelda: Master Quest Bonus disk.

Anonymous

That shouldn't be happening but make sure you have 4:3 material to fill up the screen using the "Wide" feature. You should be alright afterwards but if not then I suggest giving Samsung Tech a call.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us