Attention KLAUS

Username: Peadegm

Post Number: 9
Will you read my post on the other thread about HDMI amd cable boxes? I read your response below that followed FYI but you didn't agree or disagree with him about HDMI and cable boxes??
I was wondering if you had a personal take on this??
Thanks

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Gabe:
I think that the prices for HDMI are exhorbitant! I am also not impressed with the prices charged for Monster cables, especially when they are the only ones prominantly displayed at the big box stores and you have to dig into obscure corners to find lesser but perfectly good low priced cables. If price is no object, I suspect that HDMI gives a slight edge in PQ. I feel though that in broadcast viewing there are PQ issues in signal variations that make the gain rather arbitrary. I use component cables for everything, into my Onkyo 602 surround receiver, and the component out goes to the Samsung 4674, with no audio going to the TV at all. Source switching is done through the receiever. The PQ is great on DVD, HD, and good on SD limited by crappy cable. I use 3 ft. $20 component cables and optical digital audio cables. I have no sound sync issues, except what appears to be broadcast issues. BTW if you want a great DVD get the SPIDERMAN 2 Superbit DVD.

Anonymous

Here is a $22 HDMI Cable, works great on my HD. Though I doubt buying something like Bettercables HDMI or Monster HDMI cable will make a difference.

Anonymous

Here is a $22 HDMI Cable, works great on my HD. Though I doubt buying something like Bettercables HDMI or Monster HDMI cable will make a difference.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006ZTGA4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us