Cox HDMI HD/DVR.....just got mine and have a question??

Username: Peadegm

Post Number: 7
I pick up my new Sammy 4663 on Saturday but just went up to Cox Cable and picked up the new HD/DVR with a HDMI slot on the back!!
So I'm going to get a HDMI cable and go HDMI(TV) to HDMI(DVR) but when I buy a new DVD (soon) do I then go DVI(TV) to HDMI(DVD)??? Is it better to have HDMI plugged into DVR or to DVD?? I only have one HDMI slot on Sammy??

Thanks for your help!

FYI
Unregistered guest
Most folks use a good set of component cables for one or the other or both. There have been posts complaining that HDMI on the cable box results in less than desirable standard def signal. Dark or grainy reception is what some report on non-HD channels. Your experience may be different, though. I have the 5063 and I don't use HDMI for anything. It doesn't seem to make any difference in the picture quality if the digital to analog conversion ocurrs in my sat box or in my set.

Username: Peadegm

Post Number: 8
Thanks! I guess I will try it both ways and see what happens! Have you had any problems with your 5063 yet?

FYI
Unregistered guest
The lamp was damaged in shipping and failed the first month. I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and in two days I had a new Phillips lamp. The color wheel started to make a high pitched sound in the 5th month. Called again and in 3 days the tech brought an "air bearing" frictionless color wheel. All is fine for almost a year now. I have a five year CPS warranty after the factory. I'm not sweat'n repairs. These sets are new inventions. Picture is fabulous. Water scenes are so wet, I keep a mop handy. I picked up an Onkyo 7.1 Surround Sound Receiver on eBay new in the box for $315 and hooked up the optical audio from my sat box. It's driving my Cerwin Vegas and I can shake the house. I'm in home theater heaven! Can't wait for HD DVD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us