I got my new TV.........need to share!!

Username: Britney

Wilsonville, Or Usa

Post Number: 6

Oh JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my new TV. After going back and fourth between the Hitachi 57s715 and the Toshiba 57HX94 (for days) I went with the Toshiba.

I'm quite happy with my self for not giving in to temptation and getting the LCD or DLP set (very close) I think they need more time to grow up
I feel like I got a smashing deal. I talked the place down to 1900.00 and free 2 year warranty must of been my good looks

The two sets are awesome and the decision was hard to make
but the Toshiba had a slight edge over the Hitachi.

Bottom line.......the Toshiba had a better picture.
the images have far more depth and the color is richer and lots more detail and the anti glare is a nice touch. Both units have the 7 inch guns and 5 layer lens system.
.If anyone knows something I don't about this set please let me know cause I have 30 days. So far I'm very happy.

I can't find any reviews when it comes to this set anyone come across anything?????????????????????????????

I purchased the set based on my on my own knowledge.

Britney

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
you'll probably get the classic white line
across the red gun in about 6 months.

you must have seen a misadjusted hitachi,because
they make a much more superior product then
tosb.

although tosb does use about 30% hitachi parts
they now make their own guns ...big mistake.

Bustnchops
Unregistered guest
The earths magnetic field is in a reversal phase, which is expected to last aproximately 50 years. During this period the flow of streaming electrons not supported by a solid conductor in any device will experience erratic distortion. This includes cathodes in picture tubes that stream electrons toward a phosphorous screen.

transistoradio
Unregistered guest
sure....right....right..right

your a genuis.

Bustnchops
Unregistered guest
Well...the first part is actually true, but I have to admit...the last part is a complete fabrication. I just couldn't resist!

mtber
Unregistered guest
I've pretty much decided on making the same choice with a CRT RP. DLP and LCD both just don't seem ready for the mainstream yet IMO. Way too many problems reported with both of them, things that I feel are rediculous to put up with after spending thousands of dollars. Kinda sad how the cheap $200 TVs these days are amoung the most reliable. Size doesn't matter to me (or my wife ; ) so I'll put up with the bulk.

Bustnchops
Unregistered guest
Better check with your wife again!

John N
Unregistered guest
I've had the "gotta get a bigger tv" bug for a few days now and have found the posts here very helpful.

I'm leaning towards the Toshiba 57HX94 and I'm curious what your picture quality is for non HD signals. I'm running Direct TV but with no HD service and an older non HD receiver. I plan on doing so for awhile until more HD channels are avalible.

Any issues with this configuration?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us