Sony VS Toshiba..require help..ASAP

michaelhsieh628
Unregistered guest
After viewing both TVs i can't decide which to get and what's with all the different models. Help me out guys!

Toshiba
There is the Toshiba 52HM84 and then there's the 52HMX84. What is the all the differences?is the higher model worth the price? I can't find infomation in this short timeframe :S

Sony
There's the KDF55WF655 and then there's the KDF55XS955 what's the difference and is the higher model worth the price

I can't decide between the DLP or the LCD, but right now i like the colour on the LCD better and I'm afraid of the the rainbow effect on these DLPs

Also, what are the prices of these TV in Canada? I want to compare to the local Bestbuy and Futureshop stores

Help will awesome!!!

CPABill
Unregistered guest
I have gone through similar confusion. Both Sonys have a built in HD tuner and the Toshiba models you mention do not. A comparable Toshiba is 52HM94 & 52HMX94.

Differences in the "X" models on both brands is basically improved sound and additional HDMI & other inputs. The Sony XS design is also somewhat different from the WF. Check Sony website for detailed differences in their products.

I started out wanting the Toshiba 52HM94, but just bought the Sony XS to be delivered tomorrow. Liked picture on both brands. Bought Sony as local dealer where I have purchased other systems got close to internet price and they will deliver & set up, and 18 mos no interest/no payment with Sony credit card.

Jim777
Unregistered guest
I have the Toshiba 52HM94 for 5 weeks and am very satisified. HD channels are spectacular and digital ones are extremely good. I have never seen a rainbow nor heard any fan noise that concerns some. Check out the review at:
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review1911.html
Go to Best Buy and compare for yourself.

Bronze Member
Username: Doclaw64

Post Number: 14
I also have the 52HM95 but for 4 months and have nothing but praise for it. No rainbows no fan noise just a great HD pic. Having a superbowl party and it is it HD. Can't wait. I do joke around with some friends and tell them they have nice postage stamp tv's when I see them. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us