Help understanding back panel connections on Mits WD-52725

Newbie on Mits Setup
Unregistered guest
Got a Mits WD-52725 and love the TV. I hve my DVD Player, DirecTV with TIVO, VCR, DVD Recorder, C-Band Sat Dish all connected and working, but the setup just doesn't seem right. I have to use too many remotes to get what I need. I have been looking at the manual that comes with the Mits and would like to use the Net Command function to get ride of my remotes if possible. Does anyone know answers to the following questions on what the capabilities of the TV back panel are as far as routing signals:
1) The audio connections to an A/V receiver are digital out and analog out from the Mits to the in on the A/V receiver. Is my thinking correct that if you connect say a DVD player video directly to the Mits - you still have to connect audio (digital or analog) to the A/V receiver in order to get surround sound?
2) Will Net Command function properly if an input source is being shared by two components which are being switched by the A/V receiver?
3) Can the DirecTV TIVO unit be connected directly to the Mits without being run throught the DVD Recorder while still allowing the DVD recorder to record from the TIVO? The DirecTV TIVO unit only has one S-Video out. Should I split this signal to go to the Mits and the DVD recorder and how will that affect the signal?

Thanks for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 12
If you plan on using the DVD recorder to record from your other sources, then I would connect everything to the receiver and then run the monitor out from the receiver to the TV. You can configure netcommand to tell it that the audio/video is through the receiver for each device. If everything is connected to the receiver, then your dvd recorder should be able to record from any device connected to the receiver.
I don't have a dvd recorder, so my dvd player and dvr video are connected directly to the TV, but the audio goes to the receiver.
I'm not sure if that helps...but that's my 2 cents.

Newbie on Mits Setup
Unregistered guest
Brian:
Thanks for the reply. I ended up yesterday redoing the hookups for all video to go to the Mits with the Audio going to the receiver. I have my OTA antenna going to ANT 1; My VCR going to INPUT 1 setup per the instructions in the manual (VCR out to Input 1 and Monitor Video/Audio Output to VCR in); C-Band Satellite Dish goint to INPUT 2; DirecTV TIVO video out going to DVD Recorder IN with Line Out Component going to COMPONENT 2; DVD Player going to COMPONENT 1. The DVD player and DVD Recorder I have audio going by Toslink to the A/V Receiver. The Mits audio I have analog and coaxial digital going to receiver. Everything works per the device input button on the remote. My project today is to start attempting the NetCommand setup. I like your thought regarding being able to record from anything connected to the receiver, but I guess I'm not good enough with the routing of signals to see how this works. Since the A/V receiver monitor outputs are S-Video and Composite video don't you have to go with your components that have the lowest video output capability? I assume that I would attach the DVD Recorder to the Video I input and output ports on the receiver (the one's assigned for a VCR) so it would be DVD recorder out to A/V receiver in and A/V receiver out to DVD recorder in?? The best connection I could use would be S-Video (the best port the A/V receiver has in this slot) I would then hook up my DirecTV TIVO unit to the Video 2 Input on the A/V receiver via S-Video which is the best available video. So at this point I can record DirecTV TIVO if my thinking is right. My DVD player has S-Video or Component - so isn't now the best I can use for the DVD player S-Video? Which now leaves the C-Band Dish and the VCR yet to hookup. Both of these due to their age and technology only have F-Connectors or Composite for connection ports. The receiver doesn't upgrade signals (Onkyo HT-520) so I believe I would be unable to record anything from here onto the DVD Recorder unless (just thought of this) I connect the C-Band Sat receiver composite out to VCR Composite In, then VCR Composite Out to Composite In on the DVD Recorder ( the DVD recorder has to Line In Ports). Because I already have S-Video going out to the receiver from the previous Video 1 connection - can I hook up a composite out? Or can I because it is going out through another port? This is where I get confused. If a component has two different out ports can you use different video sources (S-Video and Composite)?
I think after sitting here and reading this thought I know the answer and appologize for the dumb question. You should be able to do this, right? I would then have to run the second line out from the recorder to the TV because I don't have any available ports left on the A/V receiver. So my best video out from the receiver with this hookup would be S-Video, right? I would loose the Component video hookup from the DVD Player in exchange for being able to record to DVD, right?
One more question, because the video signals are going through the A/V receiver, does this allow you to record copy protected materials or will the DVD recorder still pick that up?
Thanks for the help Brian. I would really appreciate your input regarding my thought pattern on this, so please feel free to let me know if this is right or wrong. Thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us