DVI based DVD Player for Sansung LCD Projection TV

Username: Moon10011002

Post Number: 2
Guys/ Experts,
I got a Samsung LCD rear projection TV - 61 L2 (61 in) recently with DVI input port! I am seeing movies thru Monster S Video cable on cheap Sony progressive scan DVD Player

Pl help me out here with this-

1) If i buy a Samsung DVI based DVD Player, would a normal DVD movie look better... ie can a normal DVD movie be "up" to HDTV signal. from 480

2) Would it make sense to buy a DVI DVD - over the S Video cable that i am already using. even if i am seeing normal DVD movies.

3) What else do i need to do to completely utilize the HDTV capability of my TV - how do i get the BEST POSSIBLE Picutre from a normal DVD software

DLP for Me!
Unregistered guest
First of all, you're not ever going to get HD quality out of any present DVD player or cable or connection. We all have to wait for HD-DVD'S coming out late this year. The players will be very expensive and the disks will be scarce and pricey as well.

Now, to get the most out of that set in the mean time, ditch the Monster s-video and hook up some good component (Y, Pr, Pb) cables. That way you get the progressive scan format to the set. Ditch cable, if you have it, (bad analog standard def signal) and get Direct TV with HD. Get a Samsung SIR TS360 DTV Receiver. It will pick up the network digital off-air broadcasts in your area with an old UHF antenna too. I think DTV is offering 6 months HD for free right now. Be sure and use component (Y, Pr, Pb) cables from the Sat receiver to the set. Don't be concerned about DVI or HDMI connections. They are over-rated. Most of us prefer the component connections for HD. The DVD player you have now will do great on component cables. Try and you will see. Then...you will be getting the most out of that set. The only way it gets better is to take the digital optical audio out of both the DVD and the DTV receiver to a Dolby Digital Surround Sound Home Theater System. Even a 5.1 set-up sounds fantastic and prices on those have come way down. Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us