Mitsubishi DLP Light Engine

Bruce Centurino
Unregistered guest
I am looking to buy this tv but am not to up to speed on the Mitsubishi DLP light engine's. Are they the same, better, or worse than DLP, DLP2+, or DLP3. Someone suggested to me that if it was DLP the price should be less because of the newer technology's. I can get the set for $3269.99 at a Magnolia Hi-Fi but I am concerned about all the problems I am hearing about. I need to ask the store what their return policy is if I have problems with colors on the set. Any help is appreciated.

Lampright
Unregistered guest
You didn't say which model you're buying. I have the 52725. All the Mitusbishi DLP's use the DLP2+ chip. It's currently the best chip out until the next gen 1080p chip comes out. I paid $2700 for mine, but it was an open box. They were selling them for $3000 new and 3 years zero interest from mitsubishi.

Bruce Centurino
Unregistered guest
I thought I did put that in the post sorry. I am looking at the 52725. If you do not mind me asking where did you find them for $3000?? Also do you know when the the 1080p chip is due out?

Bruce Centurino
Unregistered guest
I thought I did put that in the post sorry. I am looking at the 52725. If you do not mind me asking where did you find them for $3000?? Also do you know when the the 1080p chip is due out?

FYI
Unregistered guest
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=6168902& isbn=&pid=

Bruce Centurino
Unregistered guest
OK how about AUTHORIZED stores that sell this TV. I actually want the manufacture's warrenty to mean something!

Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 9
100% Authorized store!

I purchased my TV at Ultimate Electronics in Layton Utah, they currently have them on sale for $3059. I got mine for $2754 because it was an open box. I also purchased it on the Mitsubishi financing at 3 years no interest. You can't get any more "Authorized" than that.
I'm guessing the 1080p DLP chips won't be out until middle-late 2005. No idea if prices will be higher or the same. The guy at Ultimate said the new 1080p DLP TV's will be $7000, we'll have to wait and see.

HCWHunter
Unregistered guest
Best Buy has the 52525 for about $2700. The only diff. is the 725 has a "less glare" screen cover. I looked at them side by side and the 725 screen still has a fair amount of glare. Best Buy also has a promotion on now where you can get a free frame kit to remove the screen cover if you want. My guess is if your room has windows or a light that's going to create glare, then the 725 isn't going to diminish the problem much, if at all. I bought the 525 and the glare doesn't bother me. Keep in mind the screen cover does add a little sharpness to the picture.

If you get the Best Buy rewards card at the same time ($10), you get another $100 or so in rewards $$ to buy other stuff like cables, DVD, stand, etc. Also if you use an American Express CC (and some others like the ATT Universal MC Card) to buy your HDTV equipment, they will double the manufacturers warranty, up to 1 extra year.

HW

Unregistered guest
Best Buy is running the 52525 @2699.99. Get Sears to match it and they also will give you 10% of the difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us