Mitsubishi WD-62825

Bruce111
Unregistered guest
getting ready to buy this diamond series anyone have it? Not sure if it's overkill for me with the built in dvr and HD built in...I have HiDef Tivo. Any ideas would be helpful. Also if anyone has a recomendation for a set in the $5,000 or less range that might be better please leave your suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 32
Bruce,

That looks like a pretty nice TV. I have the Mitsubishi WD-65315A.

My model came without the built in HD tuner, and is one of Mitsubishis cheaper models. I subscribe to Direct TV and go through a Satellite box anyway so having a built-in tuner it wasnt a concern.

I shopped the Mitsubishi line pretty heavily and found that when watching a HD signal, the pictures on the different models were indistinguishable. IMO, the difference between some of the 'pricey' models is that the Low-Def picture is better in some of the expensive models. It just boils down to personal preference and how much you want to spend. For me, I set a minimum screen size at 65" and was willing to sacrifice features of the more expensive models to get the desired screen size.

BTW....the Diamond series looks like a great choice!!

Paul

Number2
Unregistered guest
Bruce111, I have the 62825 and it's all good.. but still haven't recieved an update to record 1 show while watching a different show.

I would recommend that you purchase either the 62525 or 62725 since you already own the HD DirecTivo.

jamescrew
Unregistered guest
Bruce, if you have hi def Tivo why would you want to spend the extral money on the 825? We have Tivo for our analog set and an HD recorder from our cable company for our Mits 52725 and the Tivo is much better. So although you get a DVR in the 825 set, the user interface will probably be inferior to the Tivo (i.e. ability to search and record programs, playing back programs, etc). Tivo is so easy to use, I love it and find that the interface with my rented DVR leaves much to be desired. If I were you, i would buy the 62725 and save the money.

I have a question on the HD Tivo. You obviously have DirecTV as your provider. How well does the Tivo work? Do you get any pixilation when playing back HD shows? As I understand it, DirecTV does not use the satellite to access HD programming for the local stations (ABC, NBC, Fox, etc) and that these are viewed via over the air antenna. Can the Tivo record programs either through the satellite or over the air? Can it record an OTA program while you watch a show via the satellite? I am considering changing to satellite but I am conerned about the quality of the pictures I would receive via OTA and how the DVR works with the whole package. I would appreciate your input.

bruce111
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the input on the 825---
I did get some pixilation on HD but I adjusted my sat. dish for better reception...I love Tivo and I can watch one and record another HD sat or antenna with ease. I get my HD locals with an antenna in my attic which tivo lets me record two very easy. picture is great will be better with better TV. Your ota should be fine with a good antenna and a clear shot to the towers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us