Toshiba 44NHM84 Fan/Color Wheel Noise

Username: Avsfan

Post Number: 1
I've had this unit for 3 days now and love everything about it apart from excessive fan/color wheel noise. The fan I can live with, but the color wheel (possibly the bulb itself?) is starting to drive me crazy. The sound is very high pitched -- much like a halogen light slightly dimmed. When the volume is up moderately, you don't notice it too much but on quiet passages, it is definitely there.

The Samsung (43" DLP) I returned for this model (nice unit, had the audio synch issues that I couldn't resolve after 3 weeks) was whisper quiet by comparison.

Apart from this noise issue, the TV has met almost every criteria I have -- except for this one little (ok big) issue. I would really hate to return this based on such a seemingly simple thing. I'm hoping that this is maybe a minor defect that can be resolved, or that there is something that can be done.

I'm looking forward to hearing from other 44NHM84 owners

a n d y
Unregistered guest
Bring your question to below thread. Fan/Color wheel noise is not a common problem for 44NHM84. You may have a defective unit.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/109367.html

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Some color wheels do that. The replacement will have better bearings. Call your factory warranty folks and set up a service time. It's an easy swap.

Username: Brooky

Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I notice a slight high pitched sound for a second or two when I turn the unit on, but whisper quiet after that. Mine is also only 3 days old...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us