Any Proud 65" Mitsubishi HDTV owners here?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 25
Wow, all I can say is that I love mine.

What a great value!!

Username: Idealconcepts

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 2
I got my Mitsu 65 (I think the model number is 65613) last year at GG for $1,999. Very good deal since it would have cost me $200-$300 dollars more for the smaller 55inch TV. Their screw up my gain. Only complaint I have is some cable channels look really bad, but love the HD channels.

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 3
The model number isn't the 65613 I believe it is the 65313, without the built in HD Tuner.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Yea, it's the 65313. I just picked mine up a couple months ago and have been on cloud nine ever since. Since I've gotten the new TV, now Im in the market to finally upgrade my old Dolby surround receiver. My wife is thrilled.:laugh: I'll probably pull the trigger on something within the next 2 weeks.

I dont care much for the picture on the low-def channels because I think a 65" CRT is a little too large for the low resolution, but I couldnt be happier with the HD views. Luckily, I am able to get all of my locals over the air, so I have a lot of HD selection in addition to the limited HD programming offered on Satellite.

Two days until the superbowl!!

Anonymous

I have a Samsung DVD 851 1080i upconversion player, but have not been able to hookup to this model of Mit TV. Using DVI cables. Anybody have the same problems??

Anonymous

I have a Samsung DVD 851 1080i upconversion player, but have not been able to hookup to this model of Mit TV. Using DVI cables. Anybody have the same problems??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Unfortunately, the only way that Player attempts to upconvert is if you hook it directly to your tv via the Dvi cable. My sole DVI input is plugged into my HD DirectTV Sat Box, so there was no use for me to spend the extra money to buy that model DVD player.

Very few Tvs(if any) have multiple DVI inputs, so it almost makes purchasing that model DVD player obsolete. At least, that's what I've been told.

I've heard mixed results on how well they upconvert anyway, so I didnt get one. There are DVI switching connectors on the market so you can use a single DVI cable to connect to both your DVD player and HDTV sat box.

I decided to just get a regular progressive scan DVD player and hold out for the release of the HD players that will be start hitting the market in the next few years. When they come out, and their prices begin to fall, then I'll upgrade.

BTW, 480P DVD players produce a pretty darned good picture on the big 65" Mitsubishi.

Sacramento, CALI USA

Post Number: 7
Ok, I just double checked and I have the 65413 (built Feb 2004) model, anyone know what the major difference is between the 65413 and the 65313? I am also having trouble with hooking up the DVI on the Samsung HD-851, luckily I got it Costco ($99.00) so I can return it whenever I want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us