JVC D-ILA Vs. Sony KF50WE620 Vs. Toshiba 62HM84

Username: Sp0rtz

Post Number: 9
Hi Everyone,

I have been doing a ton of reading and researching every brand of tv's for the past few weeks, approx 3 hours per day. Seems Like I have narrowed my research down to 3 tv's. I have opinions on these sets and was wondering if you could add anymore input to this. This TV will be used to watch sports in HD, playing xbox and watching DVD's. Tough choise cause the tv's also range in size, sometimes bigger isn't better.

The JVC D-ILA:
I went to Best Buy last night and didn't see anything spectacular. The Best Buy Rep said they don't sell very many of them either. The picture sharpness didn't look that great :-( which was a real concern, but I have read so many posts on here that it's the tv to buy. Now after saying that, I also heard it's one of the only tv's on the market that won't lag at all while playing xbox with fast paced games (Can anyone respond to this). What else should I know about this set?

The Sony KF50WE620:
This is a very nice tv. I don't have too many complaints with it other than the fast it's a RP-LCD type tv and I have read when you play fast moving games on this tv you will see a slight bit of a lag, which would be a major downfall, but since I don't have the tv, I'm not sure. Also the objects in the picture won't have as sharp of lines around the border? and the blacks aren't as black as other tv's.

Toshiba 62HM84 DLP:
I feel in love with this TV just looking at it before I was even serious about buying a tv, but have since read a lot of problems with it. The picture looks great!! when looking at it, although some people can see "Rainbows" I personally went with a friend and after 30 minutes of trying to see rainbows, neither of us could. Rainbows, Noisy Fan, Bulb Replacment and going 62" when you aren't watching HD the picture looks grainy, probably because of the size. A nice thing about it, the DLP TV's won't lag in video games, and do have a nice crisp picture.

Please let me know your ideas, opinions ect. I wanna be happy with the best set I can buy and I know a lot of you guys out thre are kind of like TV guru's ...

Darren
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us