Samsung HLP4663 defaults to RF1

Unregistered guest
I have an HLP4663. Two Tivo's hooked up through S video. When I cycle through the inputs, the TV always looks on RF1 (antenna 1) for a signal, since there is nothing there I get snow. I can keep hitting the input button to cycle through to the next input/source.

I called Samsung, they said there is no way to make the TV not look at the RF1 input. I find this hard to believe. When I finally get an HD tuner hooked into the HDMI, this thing is still going to go look at RF1 for signal?

Is there maybe some way through a service menu to get it to not look to RF1 for a signal. If you unplug a svideo or component video it autmatically detects it and will not cycle to it.

Thanks for any help.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
You may be able to use a universal remote and discrete IR codes if the universal remote will accept them. Most of the better (but pricey) remotes will allow programming discrete codes. My work around is that all my devices, cable box,DVD recorder, VCR, HD tuner are switched to the same component input by my surround sound receiver, thus the tv is always on component 1. I also makes the setup more "wife friendly" with one remote

Unregistered guest
Well in my case, one tivo controller can work the tv and the 2 tivo's. The tivo controller has an "input" button which allows you cycle through the inputs, but the 4663 really takes its time cycling through inputs.

So yes I could program a remote with discrete codes, but finding that remote would be as much trouble as just having to cycle through one unused source/input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us