Question about the grey dirt marks on DLP TVs

Kevin Nitro
Unregistered guest
I have the grey dirt marks on the sides of my Samsung HLP4663W on I've read about them in this forum. I have heard that wiping them with a damp paper towel is a way to get rid of them temporarily. My question is, is it okay to use water on the screen and also is there any permanent fix for this. Any help is appreciated.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
I have used a damp clean paper towel followed by a dry one and it works. See the following link for description/fix http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=3&AT_ID=171 46&PROD_SUB_ID=41&PROD_ID=153

Kevin Nitro
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info, but does that get rid of it for a long period of time or just a day or two?

Klaus
Unregistered guest
The paper towel procedure seems to work for me up to 2 weeks, usually no less than 1 week, so I liken it too the same level of effort as dusting a CRT. After I have had the set a bit longer I will have Samsung do the previously posted update with new screen. For now I will wait to see if other issues arise.

Kevin Nitro
Unregistered guest
Hmmm I used a damp and then a dry paper towel on mine and it didn't remove the marks at all... I did hear some sort of static sound when I wiped them but they didn't go away. I guess I'll have to call Samsung and have them replace whatever needs to be replaced.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us