New TV intermittant problem( Monster Cable?)

Username: Dvond

Old bridge, Nj Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a new Hitachi 51 Proj/HD tv. Everything is great since I have the Hi Def receiver and Monster cable connected to the HDMI but every once in awhile my pic goes out or blinks, anyone hear of a faulty Monster Cable before or could it be something else. My basic connections into the other TVs are fine.

thanks

not a dvi guy
Unregistered guest
Wonder if it happens with a component connection. I tried DVI and had multiple problems. Had to switch resolution back and fourth to get the picture and had strange lines at the top sometimes.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
This happens to me sometimes too (different TV). In my case the problem is the HD box downloading software, updates, etc. from the cable company. Could it be that?

Anonymous

I have not much luck with 'Monster' cables(poor picure quality, intermittancy, broken terminals). Basically they are a highly over-priced piece of overseas copper wire with their name on it. The quality of cable is that of Radio Shacks. So save your money and buy theirs. For quality cables, check out Audio Advisor, Audiogon, Ebay and Audio Asylum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us