New DVR box, analog fuzzy, picture mode not consistent???

Username: Beveritt

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

So Comcast (Boston) came today to hook up a DVR HD box for use with my Sony 42" LCD HDTV and I'm having some issues. For one, all the basic channels are fuzzy, however, I assume this is a signal issue so I need to have them boost it (I have a splitter setup for the Internet.) My main concern is that when I go to the HD channels, the picture mode doesn't automatically go to "Full" mode. It did this before with the other HD box I had with Comcast. Its annoying because when I go to non-HD channels, I keep the picture mode in "Wide Zoom" and now when I go to the HD channels I have to change it everytime. This was not an issue in the past. Also, my basic channels audio keeps screeching and shorting out for seconds at a time. Another thing is that when I check out Video 1 input (even though I use Video 5 for HD and digital channels) I get a snowy screen and a no signal message. In my other box, I'd at least get the non HD channels while in Video 1. Needless to say, I'm not to happy with Comcast's shoddy setup. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions why some of these things might be occurring??? Thanks for any help...

-beveritt

Username: Nmpettus

Tallahassee, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Is this the Motorola 6412 box? If it is you should setup the box by turning the power off and then pressing the Menu button. Use the arrow keys to set the box to a 16:9 picture and 1080i or 720p. I also set my 4:3 settings to 480p. Then press the Menu button again. Now power the box on and see if the picture is the way you want. My installer didn't set mine up and I had to read some of the forums to determine the proper settings.

Username: Beveritt

Post Number: 3
Thanks NP,

It is the Moto 6412 box and I did find out it was necessary to do these changes after calling Comcast. It definitely looks better, but the analog channels are still slightly fuzzy, so I think I may just need to get my signal boosted because of the Internet split. I did notice last night that the cable box was starting to buzz so I might just have them replace it to be safe. Thanks.

-beveritt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us